My fingerprint is locked
vuser15

I tried to sign onto my cellphone with my fingerprint & I think because my hand was recently washed, it was still somewhat damp. I kept on swiping & drying my finger, but eventually I lockeds myself out. It then wanted the alternate password that I have since forgotten & I only have four chances left. Please help. Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My fingerprint is locked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry you're locked out of your phone, vuser15! If you can't remember the PIN, and you've exceeded the 4 tries, you may be prompted to use your Gmail account to unlock phone; however, if it doesn't, you'll need to do a Hard Reset to get back into it.

• Turn the Galaxy S5 off.
• Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button together until you see the Android on screen.
• Now use Volume down to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
• Use Volume down again to highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
• Wait until you see the reboot system now option and then use the Power button to select it.
• When the S5 restarts it should be completely wiped and ready to set up again.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My fingerprint is locked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry you're locked out of your phone, vuser15! If you can't remember the PIN, and you've exceeded the 4 tries, you may be prompted to use your Gmail account to unlock phone; however, if it doesn't, you'll need to do a Hard Reset to get back into it.

• Turn the Galaxy S5 off.
• Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button together until you see the Android on screen.
• Now use Volume down to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
• Use Volume down again to highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
• Wait until you see the reboot system now option and then use the Power button to select it.
• When the S5 restarts it should be completely wiped and ready to set up again.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes