My charging cable melted while plugged in to my device. What should I do?
dp49ers

Hello All,

I purchased this phone from a Verizon Store on October 2, 2013.  It recently melted, the cord to the phone port.  My phone was charging on my kitchen counter and when I picked it up I noticed the phone cable melted to the phone. I pulled the cable off and in doing so it fell to the floor. The glass cracked easily and I am not if this was due to the phone being overheated. I took the phone back to the Verizon store and since it was under warranty that could replace it. However, since the glass is cracked they said that Verizon would charge me $500.00. I find this unfair because I had to literally pull apart the cable away from the phone with a significant amount of force, which caused me to accidentally drop the phone to the floor.  If it wasn't for the charger/phone melting, this would have never of happened.  I have been a faithful and long time customer with Verizon Wireless and if this is how I am going to be treated, then I would rather try a different company. 

Has anyone else experience this problem? If so, what did you do to resolve it?

David

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S-4 melted cable and phone-What to do????
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dp49ers, I am truly sorry to hear of the experience you had with your device charger sticking to the device, causing the damage when it fell. We do want to make sure you have a device that is fully functioning. In regards to replacing it, we do not cover damaged devices. In this scenario, I would suggest reaching out to the manufacturer to have them assist with repairs as they do want to make sure your device is in working condition. You can reach them at 800-726-7864. We do appreciate your loyalty David but in times when there is phyisical damage done to the device, we would not be able to replace.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

You can take your case to Samsung with the image and Explain your case but I don't think Verizon will help you on this one. Otherwise you can claim an assurion claim if you carry that warranty....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dp49ers, I am truly sorry to hear of the experience you had with your device charger sticking to the device, causing the damage when it fell. We do want to make sure you have a device that is fully functioning. In regards to replacing it, we do not cover damaged devices. In this scenario, I would suggest reaching out to the manufacturer to have them assist with repairs as they do want to make sure your device is in working condition. You can reach them at 800-726-7864. We do appreciate your loyalty David but in times when there is phyisical damage done to the device, we would not be able to replace.

0 Likes