My Verizon App won't update
Scubanut
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy S6.  I went to use the My Verizon app and it redirected me to the Play Store to update the app.  When I select the update button, the button briefly changes color but doesn't update.  

I have tried restarting the phone, disabling the app, force starting the app, update on and off of Wi-Fi with no luck.  It's very frustrating as I use the app a lot.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
Re: My Verizon App won't update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to access your Verizon app is key! Is your phone up to date on software?

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
Scubanut
Enthusiast - Level 2

As far as I know yes.  I tried to find a way to update it and got a message that it automatically updates

Scubanut
Enthusiast - Level 2

System Updates says it's up to date but the last update was June 11, 2018

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing it?  There are a number of threads on this forum reporting issues with people updating the app.  Some have posted what they did to get the app to update, one being going to the Play Store, My Apps, and selecting Update All Apps.  Good luck!

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Tags (2)
Scubanut
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried uninstalling but it will only let me disable it.  I tried updating all and everything updated except the My Verizon app

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying, Scubanut! We want to help you get this resolved as soon as possible. Please try restarting your phone in Safe Mode, and then try to update again:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152233/?amlogin=true  Please keep us posted. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
Scubanut
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got it to update.  Not sure which made it update but I restarted phone, turned on Wi-Fi, disabled then enabled app, went to the Play Store and updated all apps.  It took the update.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm happy you were able to update the software on your phone Scubanut. After the update are you able to use your phone with no issues? Are you having any other problems with apps or the internet? We are here to help. 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you attempted to uninstall the app and install it again? BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes