My Samsung Galaxy S5 is adding 641 before every number when text messaging
onetap

My Samsung Galaxy S5 is adding 641 before every number when text messaging e.g I send a message to 64210592566 however my carrier (vodafone) has told me that the outgoing message is being sent to 64164210592566. Any ideas? I've only had this problem since returning to New Zealand. The handset was purchased in the USA

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Samsung Galaxy S5 is adding 641 before every number when text messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We miss you here in the States, onetap! I apologize as the device is being used with a 3rd party SIM we are unable to fully support the function on that network.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
onetap

Id like to add some things...This problem is only occurring to numbers either saved or entered with +64. I am able to txt 021***** etc

It appears the phone is not reading my Sim therefore not getting my Service number. Any suggestions?

Dane

0 Likes
onetap

I have discovered that the message centre number cannot be changed on my phone via the message settings. Without doing so I cannot send txt messages (yes im able to receive)

Can this please be looked at by a Verizon Tech?!

Dane

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We miss you here in the States, onetap! I apologize as the device is being used with a 3rd party SIM we are unable to fully support the function on that network.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Perhaps you can update the OS software with Kies now that 5.0 has been released, at least for Verizon branded phones.

0 Likes