Highlighted

My Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini stopped Vibrating

Novice

I just noticed that the vibrate function seems to have stopped functioning on my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.  I have the Vibration checked in the notifications.  Did it get turned off somehow or is something broken?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini stopped Vibrating

Leader

When you run updates without doing a factory reset, you tend to just keep layering operating systems which can cause minor malfunctions. Doing a factory reset is what you should do if you sell your device once you replace it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Leader

Have you restarted your device to see if this helps? When specifically are you wanting it to vibrate and did you check the settings under that specific app?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

It no longer vibrates on startup and I checked the settings under call and text - everything is checked.  *shrugs*

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

What about when you decrease the Volume all the way down to "vibrate"? If I remember correctly it should give you a quick one to let you know it's on vibrate.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Ok - something weird just happened - I plugged it into the computer to charge and it started vibrating again!  Not sure if that solves the problem though...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

One way to know is by turning the volume down until "vibrate" and see if it does it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I tried the volume thing before it magically turned itself back on and it didn't work - it was completely caput and now it works randomly.  Not sure what is going on

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Have you ever done a factory reset on your device?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Nope I haven't. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

If you find it goes out again, I may consider doing that. Just make sure you back everything up.

0 Likes