My Samsun Galaxy S6 will not turn on or charge. How do I troubleshoot?
DAVBAM32
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone had this experience with their Samsung S6?  My phone went dead after a full-overnight charge.  I cannot turn it on and it will not respond to a plug in charge. What do I do?

Re: My Samsun Galaxy S6 will not turn on or charge. How do I troubleshoot?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried holding the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for 10-15 seconds?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAVBAM32, having a working phone is a must. Help is here. tikibar1, this is the exact step that we’d have our customer take. DAVBAM32, have you tried this step as of yet? Are you still experiencing issues?

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jonesbrittni97

I am currently having the same issue. I had to factory reset my phone. It started charging again, and then after 10 minutes it quit charging again.

0 Likes
LLM35139

I am having the same problem.  Phone will not charge and the above suggestion did not work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's find a solution to this mistery jonesbrittni97. When did this issue begin for you? Did anything change in your phone when you noticed this?

JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You’ve come to the right place to get your phone charging again LLM35139. Are you using the original charger? How long ago did you notice the trouble?

StevenM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ladaryc

I am having the same issue. Placed my phone on the charger last night and it was working fine. Apparently overnight it didn't charge, this morning it came on for a few seconds then went out.  I've tried the outlet and usb computer options, still nothing. Also tried holding on/off and volume buttons, which gives me the option of various reboots, but still did not stay on or charge.

I've notice a Verizon Customer Support respond but didn't see any solutions, is there anything else I can do? For now I'm leaving it plugged in the outlet and will try again after a couple of hours.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ladaryc - Waking up your device and making sure it charges is our top goal. Is there any water or physical damage to your device? Have you tried powering your device on in safe mode? Please press and hold the power button  until the "Reboot to safe mode" prompt appears then release the power button. From the Reboot to safe mode prompt, tap Restart to confirm. The process may take up to 90 seconds to complete. Upon reboot, "Safe mode" appears in the lower-left of the unlock/home screen. Please test and use your device and let me know if the device stays on and if it charges.

JacobV-VZW

0 Likes