My S7 time in the upper right corner is incorrect after the daylight savings time change.
TIMANDCHAR

But my weather widget time is correct and so is my wife's S7 which is on the same plan as me. I checked that the date and time are set to automatic so is there any way to correct it? Or do I have to wait for Verizon to update it?

0 Likes
Re: My S7 time in the upper right corner is incorrect after the daylight savings time change.
rsav8tr

For a temporary work around, change your date/time to manual and correct the time zone the system thinks you are in.  My phone thought I was in the MTN time zone.  I changed it to central and now time is showing correctly; of course this isn't paired to the network.  I would guess they will have a fix in 24 hours.  But who knows...

0 Likes
Re: My S7 time in the upper right corner is incorrect after the daylight savings time change.
ColoradoCHAN

Mine is off, too.  All yesterday it bounced back and forth between the correct time and the pre-daylight-savings time.  I finally switched the time setting to manual last night, so now it's displaying the correct time.  However, texts are still showing up with the wrong time stamp, so it looks like my S7 Edge and/or the network are still confused.

0 Likes
TIMANDCHAR

Turns out even my wife's phone was off. Like ColoradoCHAN, both were bouncing between correct and 1 hour off time. And it's still happening two days later. Not like this time change thing is something they just started doing, lol. Wish they would straighten it out.

0 Likes
wcpitboss

Is this a problem related simply the DST or is it due to the update that hit at the same time DST changed? Either way, needing to change any settings because something that should work just fine always is ridiculous. I would think that time should be automatically set based on location but oh wait....location isn't working very well since the update either. Could that be part of the problem?

0 Likes
JONSOD7

I have 3 Samsung S7 phones and all three are changing to Mountain Time Zone when on automatic network time. I am locate in Central Time Zone about 500 miles east of Mountain Time.  Since the problem is on all three phones, I know the problem is Verizon. Did a System Update on all phones and still did not resolve problem. This has been going on since Daylight savings time took effect. There is no response from Verizon support which is odd since it seems to be at least a nationwide problem.

For now I went into settings and manually change it to Central Time Zone. I am not yet sure if it will keep accurate time now since it is not syncing with the network time and is running on manually set time. I am not sure how I will know when it is fixed. If Verizon did not notify anyone about the problem, they probably will not notify anyone when it is fixed.

Hopefully news media will discover it and apply pressure.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am troubled to see this. We do want to get this figured out. Can you provide your exact zip code of where you are located?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
TIMANDCHAR

Im in zip 55416. Well within the central time zone. Like the others have said, it seems to be a time zone issue. Both me and my wifes S7 are going to mountian time zone for some reason.

0 Likes
ColoradoCHAN

I'm in 80211 and 80215, depending on whether I'm home or at work.  Both are in Denver.  Like TIMANDCHAR and JONSOD7, my phone seems to think it needs to display the time from one time zone to the west of where it really is.  I'm in the mountain time zone, but my S7 edge is showing pacific.  My wife's S7 is showing the correct time, and has been since the time change.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ColoradoCHAN, The majority of us no longer have a watch and we depend on our phone for the time. Let’s work together to figure out why the time is not accurate. Please double check the settings. Click the link for how to steps.  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/203671

DoloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes