My S7 Edge ~~~ auto time/date turns off
JIMSCH0273
Enthusiast - Level 2

My S7 Edge frequently gets an error that says my auto time/date quit then it gives me 2 options. CANCEL and TURN ON AUTO TIME AND DATE. Of course I choose turn on T & D. So why does it turn itself back off after a day or 2?  TIA

0 Likes
Re: My S7 Edge ~~~ auto time/date turns off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I depend on my phone having the correct time, and I am sure you feel the same JIMSCHO273. We will get this fixed. When did this first start? What zip code are you in?

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JIMSCH0273
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not exactly sure, but it's been acting up since the end of January.  I got my Nougat update just a couple weeks ago. So I assume the OS is off the hook.

My zip code is 54401. I  know you don't actually "serve" the county I live in. But I never liked the ~wanna be~ phone companies that are available in my county. So I went North to area code 54409 and started my account there. I get full power anytime I'm outside. I have a metal roof so thankfully my wifi kicks in.

Thanks for your time

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional info, JIMSCH0273. Let's keep working to figure this out, so your time stays set correctly. Please try going to Settings>Date & Time, and turn the Automatic date and time setting off and back on manually. Do you use any third party clock or alarm apps?

MichelleH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JIMSCH0273
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just did as you advised. Also I stopped the alarm in Applications.

Anymore ideas are appreciated. My alarm app is the same one I've been using

for quite some time.

Jim

On Mar 25, 2017 09:36, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us, let’s keep working towards a final fix, JIMSCH0273. One more thing we can test out is power the device off and then removing the SIM card for about one minute. Please click here for instructions: http://spr.ly/65888wYMI Please complete this step and keep us posted.

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
JIMSCH0273
Enthusiast - Level 2

are you sure about that URL? This is what I got

On Mar 27, 2017 10:04, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
donsmith1964
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue.  I'm waiting to see what fixes it for you.

JIMSCH0273
Enthusiast - Level 2

This came up 4 times in 24 hours now