My S5 will not send text messages. I can only receive them. I've rebooted, removed SIM Card, removed battery, deleted message
Haydeej

I got this phone in November.  It won't allow me to send text messages.  It came out of nowhere.   When it wasn't working, I installed the update, but it's still not working.  Tried factory default setting, deleted text messages, etc.

0 Likes
Re: My S5 will not send text messages.  I can only receive them.  I've rebooted, removed SIM Card, removed battery, deleted message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your phone back to a fully functioning status, Haydeej! I know how important messages are. When did you get the update? Has the phone been dropped or wet at all? Are you able to send/receive e-mails, or using other apps like Facebook, FB Messenger, etc.? What error do you get when sending? Please send a Direct Message so we can better assist you and get this resolved.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My S5 will not send text messages. I can only receive them. I've rebooted, removed SIM Card, removed battery, deleted message
Haydeej

Hi Vanessa! It turns out that its long messages that won't go through. I

actually called support yesterday and they ended up having to send a ticket

to Samsung. We tried everything including the System Recovery reboot that

would've fixed any issues from the update. I will post an update if it's

resolved.

On Mar 11, 2015 9:14 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Re: My S5 will not send text messages. I can only receive them. I've rebooted, removed SIM Card, removed battery, deleted message
jaraschutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was this ever resolved?  I'm having the same issues, but the length of text is not long.  I've tried sending just "test."  I can receive messages, but not send.

0 Likes
Haydeej

I had to call Verizon and they put a ticket in. Then I got a text the next

day from a tech who resolved it. I have no idea what he/she did! Try

calling them. I'm not sure if the tech that texted me came from this forum

or from the phone call. Just to warn you, take deep breaths and be prepared

to be on the phone for a while. It helps if you have another phone that you

could use to call them like a landline or someone else's cell phone. If the

tech from this forum can point you in the right direction, that would be

great!

0 Likes