My S4 is unable to connect to the cellular network after the 4.4.2 update failed to install this afternoon.
Vidar403

I attempted to install the OTA update for 4.4.2, but received an error message that the installation failed. When my phone rebooted it was unable to connect to the cell network and was extremely sluggish. I own an iMac and the S4 is no longer recognized by Kies or Android File Transfer.

I attempted turning off the phone and removing the battery and Sim, to no avail. I also attempted to access the recovery tools, but the phone will no longer boot to recovery. I tried a factory reset, but I do no recall ever setting the security PIN it seems to require.

0 Likes
Re: My S4 is unable to connect to the cellular network after the 4.4.2 update failed to install this afternoon.
Vidar403

Update: I successfully performed a factory reset. It did not solve the cellular connection issue.

0 Likes
Re: My S4 is unable to connect to the cellular network after the 4.4.2 update failed to install this afternoon.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Vidar403
I'm so sorry your having data connection issues. I would like to check the account and see if this is network related. Please accept my follow request and send us a private message.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes