My S20 ultra keeps dropping calls and I have to reboot every conversation
dogjaw75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my s20 ultra since release, needed support to correct it during startup after dropping 2 or 3 of my chats that went on forever, and I never have had decent enough signal to make calls in my house.  I had the Note 8, and NO PROBLEMS.  It is not a signal issue.  Not only has this been happening, but I have to reboot my phone after every single call that will not connect.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I tried support, but I cannot get a response.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My S20 ultra keeps dropping calls and I have to reboot every conversation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry that this is happening with your device. We want to make sure you have a working phone to use without any issues. To further assist, let's look at your device in more detail. Has there been any recent updates on your device? Does this happen only in your home or in other areas as well?

JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
somerandomuser22
Enthusiast - Level 1

Based on what I have gathered this is a problem with your Verizon Call Filtering app and the latest Samsung system updates. I had this problem on my Note 9 it started a couple months ago and I paid 1400$ to upgrade to an S20 Ultra thinking it might fix this problem and it did until the most recent system update a few days ago. Unfortunately since your broken app is bloatware and I cannot remove it from my phone I am stuck with this issue. I have disabled the app and removed all its permissions maybe this can fix it but can you please have your devs work on fixing this issue or at least allow us to remove this problematic app. I really do not wish to root my phone to fix this issue but if it still persists I will have no other choice. There have been multiple threads about this issue on your support forums I have found in my research and all have offered no resolution. All the responses from customer support have been canned responses about working with the customer to fix this issue when developers like myself and others in threads have pointed you to the cause of the issue and you have not fixed it. This is very frustrating and a huge liability issue for your company when the first person who tries to make an emergency call and it is dropped due to your faulty software figures out what happened.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying. We know the importance of having a device that functions optimally. For concerns with one of our device applications, have you already gone through the app to report a bug to the developers? This ensures that your concern is reviewed, to hopefully be addressed in later updates. Does this offer further insight?

MatthewI_VZW

0 Likes
dsnyder1009
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just purchased my Note20 Ultra on 8/27 and for the last 4 days the calls will drop or it's difficult for the person on the other end to hear me.  Looks like this is an issue that Samsung needs to correct immediately.  Had the Note 10 and didn't have this problem.  May be getting rid of the 20 while I still am in my 14-day window.  Extremely disappointed, but this is too aggravating a problem for a $1300 phone to have.

dogjaw75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went from the Note 9 to s20 ultra.  I am so let down with all the little issues it has.  Hearing that the Note 20 is the same, I might have to consider a different manufacturer and possibly service.  I am so tired of fighting to get what I paid WAY toobmuch for.  Best of luck.  Sorry to hear you lost a great device to the new garbage.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dsnyder1009, we never want you to feel disappointed with your new phone. We know it's important to be able to stay connected, and we would love to help. Just to clarify, the worry free guarantee return window is 14 days not 30. 

Please tell us more. Is this issues happening everywhere or only in a specific location? Are you having issues with data or text messages? 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dogjaw75, we always want you to love your device and your service. Does the dropped calls only occur while you're home?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

Are Galaxy S20 users still experiencing "calls being dropped"?  I don't use phone a lot for calls, but have had about 4 calls just drop-off in about a 3 week period after talking a while.  This "never happened" before with my Galaxy S8+.   Is this an on-going problem with the S20's?

Tags (2)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, DMathews1. Dropped calls are no fun, and we are here to help investigate. To clarify, how long has this been going on for? Does this effect every call? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes