Highlighted

My S20 ultra keeps dropping calls and I have to reboot every conversation

I have had my s20 ultra since release, needed support to correct it during startup after dropping 2 or 3 of my chats that went on forever, and I never have had decent enough signal to make calls in my house.  I had the Note 8, and NO PROBLEMS.  It is not a signal issue.  Not only has this been happening, but I have to reboot my phone after every single call that will not connect.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I tried support, but I cannot get a response.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: My S20 ultra keeps dropping calls and I have to reboot every conversation

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are sorry that this is happening with your device. We want to make sure you have a working phone to use without any issues. To further assist, let's look at your device in more detail. Has there been any recent updates on your device? Does this happen only in your home or in other areas as well?

JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Based on what I have gathered this is a problem with your Verizon Call Filtering app and the latest Samsung system updates. I had this problem on my Note 9 it started a couple months ago and I paid 1400$ to upgrade to an S20 Ultra thinking it might fix this problem and it did until the most recent system update a few days ago. Unfortunately since your broken app is bloatware and I cannot remove it from my phone I am stuck with this issue. I have disabled the app and removed all its permissions maybe this can fix it but can you please have your devs work on fixing this issue or at least allow us to remove this problematic app. I really do not wish to root my phone to fix this issue but if it still persists I will have no other choice. There have been multiple threads about this issue on your support forums I have found in my research and all have offered no resolution. All the responses from customer support have been canned responses about working with the customer to fix this issue when developers like myself and others in threads have pointed you to the cause of the issue and you have not fixed it. This is very frustrating and a huge liability issue for your company when the first person who tries to make an emergency call and it is dropped due to your faulty software figures out what happened.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for clarifying. We know the importance of having a device that functions optimally. For concerns with one of our device applications, have you already gone through the app to report a bug to the developers? This ensures that your concern is reviewed, to hopefully be addressed in later updates. Does this offer further insight?

MatthewI_VZW

0 Likes