My S voice will not recognize simple names like BEAN it calls Dean Leaver.
shastadog

I say Bean Mobile it says Dean Weaver and calls him without a chance to cancel it hands free.  Not very safe or smart. I say Kathi Artis and it automatically dials Cathy Kreutzbein.  These don't sound alike.  Why did it just add a last name with in my contacts my husband is plain Bean.  When my old phone waited for confirmation before dialing this Samsung just hijacks the call and call who it thinks you said with out confirmation.

0 Likes
Re: My S voice will not recognize simple names like BEAN it calls Dean Leaver.
g8orshan

I'm having the same problems with S Voice. I thought that maybe by entering a phonetic name it would help but it didn't. Is there a way to teach S Voice?

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

S Voice is the one thing that I wish that Samsung would do away with, because it is horrible in my opinion.  I tried disabling S Voice and using other voice dialers, but that didn't work.  I don't have any solutions that I can offer (on this forum); I just wanted to commiserate with you all. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
JoeKiv
Contributor - Level 1

When I first got the S3 I experienced the same problem of it calling the wrong contact when using voice calling.  I changed a setting that when I said call Contact 'Y', it placed the contact it thought I said on the screen and I had to tap it to send the call rather then just auto calling it.

After seeing your post I looked for that setting.  I can't find it.  Either I'm missing it, or it is yet another item that the JB update removed.  My phone is still visually presenting the contact for selection to call, but since I can no longer find the setting I will also be unable to turn it off, if I ever want to.

0 Likes
HatchetClown
Enthusiast - Level 1

When s voice misunderstands you, click the bubble on the screen and correct the mistakes manually.  S voice will learn that it misunderstood and the next time you say that name or command it will correctly decipher.  Hope this helps everyone.

0 Likes