My Galaxy SIII just recently started to lose its charge more frequently
lizc2013

In the past week, I have noticed that my phone has started to lose its charge more frequently than it has in the past.  I fully charged my phone last night around 7 pm and usually that would last me all day today.  I woke up this morning and had already discharged so much and was in yellow, needing to be recharged.  I uninstalled a few apps that I had on there that I hadn't used.  But the charge has been great since I've had this phone.  Any ideas as to why this just started happening?  Do I need to change something in my settings? 

0 Likes
Re: My Galaxy SIII just recently started to lose its charge more frequently
DSSdoc

I've got exactly the same problem. I tried my other SIII battery (I had bought a spare) and same problem. At another website:

Following installation of the Verizon Jelly Bean update people said that the battery of the Samsung Galaxy S3 started to drain faster when the handset was doing nothing overnight. So we took the version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 from Verizon on Jelly Bean and charged it fully. The battery went down overnight to around 898%, by 7am in the morning. We then did the same with the device that is still running ICS (Cricket Samsung Galaxy S3) and checked it at the same time. We found out that it had gone down to 96%. There is no way of being sure why this happens, however you can turn off Google Now location services. Apparently Google Now and it services may be checking more often ever since Jelly Bean was installed.

I haven't called VZN yet to inquire. Anyone know for sure what's happening -- and more important, how to fix it!

0 Likes