My Galaxy S5 is answering itself.
realdealxray
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Galaxy S5 is answering itself. It doesn't ring, just answers and does not actually connect the call. While I am trying to speak to nobody, the caller is still hearing ringing on their line. When I press the "End" button, they are sent to my voicemail. To answer, I have tried a factory reset and do not have the auto answer feature turned on. I just got this phone about a month ago. SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Galaxy S5 is answering itself.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, realdealxray. This is definitely a strange issue.
Does this happen with all calls, certain contacts, or just randomly?

Let's start with a few basic steps. Please power off your phone and remove your SIM card for about 30 seconds.

Are you using VoLTE for your calls or is just regular phone calls. Check by going to Settings>More Networks>Mobile Networks>Is VoLTE Call enabled?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
realdealxray
Enthusiast - Level 1

Interestingly, it is not every call; but does effect multiple contacts that I have noticed.  It was in Global I just switched it to LTE/CDMA. The problem seems most prominent if I am connected to WiFi.

0 Likes
bburns1214
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this issue as well but only when I am at work.  The phone basically answers itself, without ringing, and no one is on the line.  I've called my phone at work probably 100 times and maybe twice has it rang and I could actually answer the call.  The phone looks like the call is in process but the caller just goes to voicemail.  I've had the phone replaced twice and now have a refurbished phone with the same issue.  The VoLTE call option was not there when I looked but added it online and will see if that helps.  Not very happy now having a refurb and still having the same issue.

realdealxray
Enthusiast - Level 1

bburns1214 wrote:

I am having this issue as well but only when I am at work.  The phone basically answers itself, without ringing, and no one is on the line.  I've called my phone at work probably 100 times and maybe twice has it rang and I could actually answer the call.  The phone looks like the call is in process but the caller just goes to voicemail.  I've had the phone replaced twice and now have a refurbished phone with the same issue.  The VoLTE call option was not there when I looked but added it online and will see if that helps.  Not very happy now having a refurb and still having the same issue.

Are you connected to your WiFi at your work?

0 Likes
bburns1214
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've actually tried it both ways and the same result. I have turned off wifi and even changed the setting to not notify me when networks are available thinking that may be the problem but to no avail.

0 Likes
realdealxray
Enthusiast - Level 1

bburns1214 wrote:

I've actually tried it both ways and the same result. I have turned off wifi and even changed the setting to not notify me when networks are available thinking that may be the problem but to no avail.

Did the LTE/CDMA switch help?

0 Likes
bburns1214
Enthusiast - Level 2

No that hasn't worked either.  I am going to try turning off the VoLTE call setting and see if that works. To get the setting to actually appear log on to your account online and go to your add/change features and add Advanced Calling 1.0. I guess this came with the last update. After you add reboot your phone go to settings, more networks, mobile networks, and turn off the VoLTE call. I have not been able to try this out yet but will report back later.

0 Likes
bburns1214
Enthusiast - Level 2

"VoLTE call" was not an option in "mobile networks" when I first looked?  I did some searching and found that if you log onto your account online, go to add/change features, and add Advanced Calling 1.0 it will appear after a reboot.  Turning on VoLTE call has now corrected my problem.  I am now stuck with a refurbished phone because of this.  Thanks Verizon for being incompetent.  I should get sent a new phone.

0 Likes
realdealxray
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok. So I tried the whole powering down process. I've tried switching to LTE/CDMA but it still happens. I am noticing that it is definitely happening while I am connected to WiFi. My texting works fine, my outgoing calls have no issue. it is only when I have an incoming call that I am having this issue?

THIS IS FRUSTRATING. Missing multiple calls for this issue is not acceptable. What can be done?

0 Likes