My Galaxy S4 won't stay connected to 4G LTE
aschuhart
Enthusiast - Level 1

In areas that my HTC Rezound had a strong/near strong LTE signal my S4 won't stay connected.  It will acquire the LTE signal, but then kick back to 3G after a few seconds.  I have noticed several others on other Android sites having this problem as well.  Is this a software issue with the phone?  Is there a fix in the works? 

Re: My Galaxy S4 won't stay connected to 4G LTE
aschuhart
Enthusiast - Level 1

And I tried turning off the phone, taking out the SIM card for 30 seconds, and then turning it back on and that did not work.

0 Likes
rollinguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

No real expert here, but I can tell you that I also went from Rezound to S4 and have not experienced this issue at all. Sounds like a problem with your particular S4, I'd pay a visit to the Verizon store.

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

The phone typically works for me without issues you can try switching from the default of GLOBAL to LTE/CDMA and see if that helps

Settings | Connectivity Tab | More Networks | Network Mode | and select LTE / CDMA and see if that helps It kinda locks the phone to what it will use 99.99% of the time anyways.  other then that I am not sure what to suggest other then attempt to goto a VZW store and explain your issue and ask for a new SIM....

Mike

carlbc18
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mike that helps, but this problem only recently cropped up on my s4 after the KitKat upgrade.

0 Likes
carlbc18
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mike that helps, but this problem only recently cropped up on my s4 after the KitKat upgrade.

0 Likes