My Galaxy S4 keps deleting content off my installed SD card. Why? I add 30GIG of music files and the media scanner runs and deletes media down to 6 GIG. Why?
Drewman521

I add several mp3 files to my galaxy S4 and the media scanner runs and deletes all but 6 GIG. Why? Specs say the S4 can accept a 64 GIG card, but I have tried to load it through the phone using Kies and externally and when the card is re-inserted, the files are deleted and the folders are truncated.

Why, Why Why???

0 Likes
Re: My Galaxy S4 keps deleting content off my installed SD card. Why? I add 30GIG of music files and the media scanner runs and deletes media down to 6 GIG. Why?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Drewman521!

I have a lot of music on my device as well! Let's see what's going on with your device and your music. Does it delete the same music each time you've tried to add it? Do you have the ability to try a different SD card or no? Is there any type of message on the screen when this happens? Please share any additional details possible. Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My Galaxy S4 keps deleting content off my installed SD card. Why? I add 30GIG of music files and the media scanner runs and deletes media down to 6 GIG. Why?
Drewman521

I have tried this on using 3 different sd cards with one being a Samsung 64 gig class 10 card.  I've tried it with 2 different Samsung Galaxy S4 phones.  It seems to happen after the media scanner program on the phone runs at startup or insertion of the card when it's inserted.  I hope you can help because Samsung support has been NO help with this at all.  This has been frustrating.

0 Likes
Drewman521

There is no message given.  The songs are just gone.  The folders the songs were in are renamed and "truncated". I have formatted the cards in the phone and in a laptop.  I've loaded the songs via USB through the phone and externally through a card reader.  After loading songs,  they are there on the cards.  Then,  poof,  the phone deletes the majority of them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Drewman521 we're here to help and will do everything we can to pinpoint the issue. Do you always transfer the media using Kies? Has there been any changes to the device since this started?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you! I appreciate the information, Drewman521. Is the device rooted or flashed in anyway? Are these varying versions of music files? ( ie, are all files mp3 files )

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
Drewman521

I tried to reply to the message on the forum, but I was unable to.

I have 2 Samsung Galaxy S4s that are new. One is original from the factory and the other is rooted.

BOTH devices act similarly. Both delete content off the micro SD card.

I have tried three different cards (one being a Samsung micro SD card) and EVERY TIME it deletes media on BOTH devices.

The media types are all .mp3 files. The only differences are the bitrates may be a little different.

Thanks.

0 Likes