My Galaxy S4 broke and I bought a Cellular Galaxy S5 off eBay. Is it even possible to transfer to this device, and if so how would I go about doing that?
flashthefox
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Galaxy S4 broke and I bought a Cellular Galaxy S5 off eBay. Is it even possible to transfer to this device, and if so how would I go about doing that?
flashthefox
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked if it is compatible by entering the device ID and it told me it isn't. I don't understand, it's a Galaxy S5. Isn't there some way to get it to work? I can't afford another phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My Galaxy S4 broke and I bought a Cellular Galaxy S5 off eBay. Is it even possible to transfer to this device, and if so how would I go about doing that?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@flashthefox

I want to ensure you have a working device to use on your wireless account. If the replacement device is compatible with our network, you can easily log into your My Verizon account online to activate/switch your device to the replacement: http://vz.to/1TaaCVd. Let me know how that works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
flashthefox
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked if it is compatible by entering the device ID and it told me it isn't. I don't understand, it's a Galaxy S5. Isn't there some way to get it to work? I can't afford another phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information, flashthefox. We can only guarantee device compatibility for devices designed to work for our network. If the device you purchase is not compatible as per your message, then it will not work on our network.

You can find fully compatible devices at this link: vzw.com/Smartphones

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
flashthefox
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy S5 is listed there. How come one is different from another? Surely

there is a way to utilize a phone from another network. Do you truly expect

customers to purchase new phones when transferring instead of using the one

they already have?

Not happy with this- I know it's possible, I just think it's another way

for you to make money.

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes