Music Player Glitching After Update. Help?
straightlinestitchfan

Ever since I updated my White 16 GB GS3, my music player is glitching when playing songs. I use the default player on the GS3 and never had a problem until after the update to the latest GS3 software from Verizon. I listen to my music a lot and after a few songs, particular songs will play and make a glitchy/static noise as the song continues to play. It happens all the time on some of the songs from my Most Played playlist. Even when I pick a different playlist that the songs are in, same noise. Pick them from the album, same noise. Its very annoying an frustrating not to be able to listen to my favorite songs because of this. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is there any way to solve it? I honestly don't want to have to factory reset my phone because even then, I still have to get the latest update 😞 (All my music is stored on a 32GB MicroSD Card by the way)

0 Likes
Re: Music Player Glitching After Update. Help?
straightlinestitchfan

I also meant to add that I updated my device last Friday on June 21st, and I've had this problem since then.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's resolve this! Thanks for installing the update. Just to ensure you have the most recent software update please navigate to Settings>About Phone>Build Number and ensure you have the version JZ054K.I535VRBMF1. If not, please check new in Software Update above. If so, please try removing the specific songs and readding them. Please advise if successful. Thank you.

Tominque B.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
straightlinestitchfan

That is the update I have on my device and removing the songs and placing them back on the phone did not solve the problem Smiley Sad

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have you tried using an App Like EQ give that a Try and after you download it Disable the internal Music players EQ play your Music through the App..  1 other thing you might do is to power cycle the phone or run a System Cache Clear i like to listen to Music as well the 70's the Most.. Smiley Happy  b33

here is just one of the 70's musicians i like.. Enjoy 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBBw1MEOMWI

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps. I use my phone all the time for music and want to understand how great a feature it is. When you transferred these songs again, were they on your computer? If so, is there any glitching there? Also, if the songs are on your SD card, possibly transferring them all to your computer and then formatting your SD card can help as well. http://vz.to/12Lxe3F If still no change, boot your phone into safe mode and test music http://bit.ly/U8Rj3Z. This will determine if a 3rd party application may be interfering with new software to cause the issue.

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes