Re: Multiple problems with S4 post 4.3 upgrade
abean
Contributor - Level 1

In regards to the problems with SMS and not finding the contacts ... Both of our S4's did fix themselves after we did a battery pull (read this as a fix elsewhere). Not sure how/why, but it's one issue resolved at least for us.

0 Likes
Rayny2e4034
Enthusiast - Level 2

Follow Up to my Post: I Kept trying to play my Music in my car Via Bluetooth and most of the time it would display "NO DATA", but once in awhile it does connect and play the music... then cuts off. The Bluetooth Phone in the Car is all Choppy NOW and not useable since the update,soo the Update definitely messed up the Bluetooth.

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

I've performed a reset on my phone and immediately thereafter tested two different car chargers (that work just fine on an S3 and GNexus), neither of which work.

This is, awful.

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

Called VZW ... last option is to replace the phones, hooray! Two refurbs on the way to replace software issues, awesome.

0 Likes
C5Vette
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm going to try and hold out for a patch.  I can say that this update turned a phone that I loved into I phone I hate.   The wifi issue and charging issue are key factors to the phone.  Also, the blue tooth strength is greatly reduced since the update....  If they don't patch it soon.....I'll try to get a phone without the update.....

abean
Contributor - Level 1

The last guy I talked to said he would think/hope a patch is on the way; however obviously no guarantee. While there is a huge outcry on these forums and elsewhere, the reality is, there are hundreds of thousands of S4's out there that seem to be unaffected.

I'm really debating not activating the refurb and instead sell that and go get a Nexus 5. This has just been an awful experience and makes me want to abandon Samsung at this point. I just wish the N5 had a microSD slot ...

0 Likes
C5Vette
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just out if curiosity,  what model is yours?  Mine is a 32gb.  My buddy has a 16 gb model and doesn't have the wifi issue (I tested them side by side) but he DOES have the charger issue.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

abean,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having. I also have the S4 and understand the problems you are having. We certainly want you to always have the best working phone. What I suggest and have personally had success with was doing a factory reset on the device. Although normally this seems like a hassle this really solved all my problems. My original charger no longer is accepted as an alternate charger, my wi-fi connections are no longer unstable, and the sluggish performance has overall stopped. As for the text message contacts, I have found that you need to type in the first few letters before it pulls up, otherwise it pulls up the most contacted users based around those letters. I highly suggest trying the hard reset because I have seen unbelievable success. Please keep us updated on this because we want you to have the best options.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
C5Vette
Enthusiast - Level 3

He said he did a factory reset and it did not fix his issues.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

C5Vette,

You can bet your bottom dollar we want to get this resolved for you ASAP. After reading your most recent post, may I ask if you've tried the hard reset to remedy issues?

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes