Re: Multiple problems with S4 post 4.3 upgrade
who4ever
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I am going to,  and endorse everyone with this albatross, to at least go to the attorney general's and consumer affairs's websites and register a complaint.  No lawyering necessary for most things these days.

who4ever
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think that is a good idea.  I will be doing this myself and also filing a complaint with Consumer Affairs and endorse everyone with this albatross to do the same.

0 Likes
Multiple problems with S4 post 4.3 upgrade
who4ever
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have filed a complaint with New York's Attorney General's Office and Department of Consumer Affairs.  Very easy and painless to do and I urge all of you to do the same

0 Likes
JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

I believe the real problem with this phone is that it is crippled by bloatware that cannot be uninstalled.  It is coded in to the OS and creates conflicts that neither Samsung nor Verizon are able to correct because they are messing with the operating system.

I think we would all be startled by the difference running a clean, non-modified Android operating system on this phone would make.  Most of these problems would simply go away.

0 Likes
JDM2650

Doesn't work.  I tried it twice.

For data concerns, make sure "Auto network switch" is OFF.  That is a new option turns wifi off and switches you to mobile data when it thinks your wifi network is unstable.  There are 2 problems.  First, it is way too sensitive, switching you to mobile data when you have perfectly good wifi connections.  Second, it was turned on by default.

If anyone figures out the car charger problem, let us know -- its killing me.

0 Likes
rdyxrolx
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd guess if that "small number" would take their business to T-Mobile, Verizon would notice. I'm headed there tomorrow.

0 Likes
who4ever
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, on January 15th, I printed up, filled in and mailed a complaint to the NYS Attorney General and today, a rep from Verizon Headquarters calls me and tells me to pick out any phone Verizon offers and they will send it to me for free, brand new.  I urge you to all do the same.

0 Likes
Malithorne
Enthusiast - Level 2

Definitely going to complain about the overages we have been seeing since the 4.3 updates in December. Home wifi used to be solid but now get a variety of errors connecting on both S4 devices. Only found this forum trying to troubleshoot recent battery issues to see that our wireless issues had the same root cause. So far a wipe of the data cache seems to have the battery issue at bay, but I will continue to test and wait for 4.4 when it comes out. Hoping that it does not complicate the issues with additional issues. Loved my S4s until the recent issues. My daughter went to a wireless charger that has been working OK, but should never have had to make that investment if it weren't for the software glitches. Verizon and/or Samsung needs to own up for these types of wide spread flaws and make it right for all. Not just those who have gotten to their last nerve and seek help in forums and other sites.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Malithorne, we're sorry to hear that results of your updates have not made you happy. Software updates are pushed to your device to give you the best wireless experience. It provides patches, which fixed software incompatible bugs and improved software performance to make your device more secure and it reduces conflict. However, the update can sometimes conflict with 3rd party applications downloaded to your devices. Try uninstalling a few applications and power your device off/on to soft reset. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chiefs_fan88

How has Verizon or Samsung not resolved this issue yet? It has been almost 4 months since the 4.3 update and still no solution? Ridiculous! This issue is forcing me to use my data package at the risk of paying overage fees or changing to a higher data limit that I shouldn't need when I could be using WIFI when available!!!! I am just about to the point of reporting them to the BBB and my state's Attorney General for their unfair practicies!!! Verizon don't tell me to do a complete phone reset as I am well aware that it will not fix the issue.

0 Likes