Re: Multiple problems with S4 post 4.3 upgrade
C5Vette
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I see that AT&T has resumed the update with a new build/patch.  They released AFTER VZW and got the patch going before VZW.... 

Can anyone at VZW confirm that a patch is in our NEAR future?  A little info to the consumer goes a LONG way!

loveroftruth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon will tell you that it's up to manufacturer

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Techie25

I have exactly the same problem on the Samsung Galaxy S4 after the 4.3 update on 10/30/2013 -- Wifi no longer works.  It displays "connecting.....", "failure to obtain IP address,"  "internet connection is slow," and sometimes, "Network is powered off."  I have called VZW as well as Samsung to report the problem, but neither have acknowledged a fix.  PLEASE HELP!!!

0 Likes
mishael53
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you restart your phone and have it plugged into the Verizon charger, it'll work. It just doesn't work again if you unplug it.

mishael53
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same issue and Samsung is claiming no responsibility. ATT has a patch update but not Verizon. Ridiculous.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Techie25!
I'm right here to help you with your concerns regarding your Galaxy S4 and connecting with Wifi after the update. I've researched this and I'd like to ask that you follow these steps:

1)Power Cycle the Device and power cycle the Router/AP and re-test.
2)Uninstall any non-preloaded security, antivirus, power saver, and data saver applications then power cycle the device and test again.
3)Boot the device into Safe Mode and test again. http://vz.to/18srIHJ
4)Perform a Factory Data Reset on the device and test again. http://vz.to/176v3fy
5)Advise the customer to contact their Router/AP manufacturer to get assistance in both performing a factory reset on the device and also updating the firmware to the latest available version.  After both have been done, please re-test Wi-Fi functionality with default settings.

Keep me posted!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Walpurgiss

Apparently Samsung has released a patch that several other carriers have embraced and pushed to fix these S4 issues, meanwhile Verizon apparently is still asking people to try factory data resets instead.  :sadface:

My guess is Verizon's exquisite bundled software is the source of the delay; testing and such to ensure we get the best possible extra stuff.

Edit: Link to zdnet story regarding the resumption of 4.3 update pushes to s3/s4 devices after a patch fix. http://www.zdnet.com/android-4-3-rollout-for-samsung-galaxy-s4-resumes-7000023821/

0 Likes
quattroluvr

Update from a senior/level 2 tech just now.  Still no word on when the patch release for awful buggy 4.3 release will be available, but it is in the pipeline.  Sending a replacement phone tomorrow just in case it crashes less often, or has fewer bad symptoms than my original S4.  I will probably wait to invest time in loading apps and configuring phone the way I usuually do  until we get a patch OS release and just use the phone for txt and voice.

0 Likes
C5Vette
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well.....I just got the new patch....  I installed it.....GUESS WHAT!  STILL NO WIFI/BLUETOOTH STRENGTH!!  I assume this patch fixes the charger issue, but MY BIGGEST ISSUE IS WIFI/BLUETOOTH......   IT'S JUST AWFUL.....STILL! 

Please Verizon, I really appreciate that you got us a patch, but please....please...please...... GIVE ME MY WIFI BACK!  I used to love this phone.....  Now it frustrates me so much, that I want to throw it.  It keeps disconnecting from my Bluetooth in the car WHILE I'M TALKING ON THE CAR'S SYSTEM.  MY WIFI WILL NOT PICK UP......ANY........ WIFI UNLESS I'M LITTERALLY WITHIN 3 OR 4 FEET OF THE ROUTER.  And I'm not talking about just mine, but ANY router.

Again, I repeat, thanks for getting us an improvement, but please don't stop now....  FIX THIS PHONE!  OR GIVE ME BACK 4.2.2  I was really happy with that.....phone was awesome......OH THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!

jzamorski113
Enthusiast - Level 3

SIGHHHHHHHH

I was hoping the update would be good. I'm still postponing the original 4.3 update each day haha. I guess there will be another one coming through that I'll need to delay until there is further feedback. I have no interest in the galaxy gear, so the 4.3 update is basically useless to me anyway. 4.4, then maybe we can talk Smiley Happy

0 Likes