Re: Multiple problems with S4 post 4.3 upgrade
dkreiner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, and thank you.

0 Likes
dhp58
Enthusiast - Level 3

I started having problems right after the update with one of my email accounts not working properly, but the other two were. Then the Wi-Fi problems started and I kept getting the unstable Wi-Fi notice, then the Wi-Fi actually connected to an unsecured network somewhere on the street behind us and had to keep searching for home, and numerous other issues, including the battery draining like crazy but I assumed that was from the Wi-Fi problems. On Saturday, 4 days after the update, I put the phone in the charger before I went to bed, as I do every day, and when I got up my phone was super hot and dead. Nothing whatsoever working. The battery does have a charge because my husband took it out and tested it with a voltmeter, but the phone is dead. A refurb is on it's way, but I don't want a refurb replacement for a phone that I have had less than 4 months that was working perfectly fine before an update that should have been tested more before sent out. And like others, it takes me weeks to add apps, and fix the phone to meet my needs.I paid $299 for a phone that now sells for $199, and all I get for Verizon's sloppiness and disconcern is a junk phone. I have never had a CLNR phone that didn't still have the original problem, or spring a new one within  6 months. And I too couldn't get into forums until just now because I kept getting a message that my email address was taken, please select another. DUH! This is my first and last Samsung, and very likely my last contract with Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your reply, abean! I look forward to hearing positive results once you receive the replacement. We certainly do not want to see you leave. I can confirm that if you are looking to sell the device you can do so once it is deactivated from your account. I hope that we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in us!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

You can restore my confidence and others in VZW by acknowledging the issues and giving us some sort of insight to when we can expect resolution. Throughout this post and the dozens of others, the only help VZW has provided thus far is one of two options to either reset or replace the phone.

I/we are all at a loss to as why VZW/Samsung are not acknowledging this issue. It's quite clear that there is a problem at hand and yet, no one seems to want to own up to it.

I will definitely be looking at other carriers towards the end of my contract. The fact that I can't use the new Nexus 5 on VZW was my tipping point after all these issues.

abean
Contributor - Level 1

I would like to follow up and say that it appears that my WiFi/battery issues have been resolved after changing the settings I mentioned here:

Your battery life may be related to the disconnecting WiFi issues. Check here where I posted a possible fix ...https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1017044#1017044

0 Likes
Rayny2e4034
Enthusiast - Level 2

My S4 is constantly Searching for WI-FI ever since this update and my battery goes dead in a couple of hours whereas BEFORE the update it would last forever! This is just NUTZ! Come on Verizon... GET AFTER SAMSUNG IF YOU WANT TO SELL THEIR PRODUCTS UNDER YOUR NAME! I BOUGHT THIS PHONE FROM VERIZON,NOT SAMSUNG,SO UNFORTUNATELY YOU NEED TO REMEDY THIS SITUATION FOR THE VERIZON CUSTOMERS WHO GOT SCREWED BY THIS  UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Can you TELL WE'RE ALL SICK  N TIRED OF BEING SICK N TIRED????????  HOW ABOUT SOME REAL, LOGICALLY ANSWERS LIKE A ROLLBACK IN THE UPDATE TO THE PREVIOUS ONE?????????/  DON'T BE SENDING OUT REPLACEMENT PHONES...THAT JUST SHOWS MORE WASTE AND IGNORANCE! WE NEED A PATCH OR ROLLBACK.... MY PHONE IS HOTT AS HELL AND THE BATTERY IS DEAD FROM SEARCHING FOR WI-FI AND I'M 5 FEET FROM MY GIGABIT ROUTER! Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad  P.S. I DO NOT HAVE THE OPTIONS TURNED ON THAT WERE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED IN THE ADVANCED SETTINGS!!  Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi PAsister,

I want you to have access to your WiFi network at all times! My son has Galaxy S4 and he experienced similar issues after latest update, and we resolved by doing a http://vz.to/1b59FYH hard reset! Give it a try!

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
jzamorski113
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are we the same person?

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

Got the refurb hooked up. So, it's on version 4.2.2 and my charger works, shocker.

I attempted to perform an update to verify that it does indeed break on 4.3 and I'm getting a "Software update is temporarily unavailable. Try again later".

Sounds to me like Verizon knows there is a problem and shut off the update services.

So, I'm not yet sure what to do here. I'm going to try and call VZW later tonight.

On a side note, If I do switch to the new phone, VZW will not replace or cover the costs on screen protectors too. Quite awesome that I have $25 protectors on each phone ...

This whole experience has just been god awful.

Klue
Master - Level 1

Abean you do know that if you put 4.3 on your refurbs you will end up with what you just had.

0 Likes