Mobile web no longer works
mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

I have spent the past 3 days calling and going into a Verizon corporate store trying to get my phone fixed. I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the mobile web is no longer working. It is sporatic at best and when it does work it takes so long to load a page it just times out. This is the dumbest smartphone ever. Billed to be the best phone out when I got it I can not even conduct business with this phone as most apps are tied into internet use. It is annoying and a royal pain. When I spoke with Verizon 4 times over the phone they ran all sorts of tests, updates and it seemed to work but only for an hour or two. I preformed a hard reset as well, no luck. I went into Verizon and got a new sim card and of course it worked in the Verizon store but as soon as I left two hours later mobile web still did not work. I am still under warranty with Samsung and was told that I would have have a new phone sent to me at no cost. How do I know if the new phone is even a new phone or a refurbished phone? I want a brand new phone as this is a Samsung and Verizon screw up. I dont pay all this money for a data plan for it to never work. This is beyond annoying and I need my phone at all time as I run a business and need this to work all the time not just sometimes. I am in good coverage area as well. I feel like all that could be done was done and still no fix. Has anyone else had mobile web issues with this phone as well? How did anyone get this fixed if you had the same issue?

0 Likes
Re: Mobile web no longer works
Not applicable

First of all "mobile web" is something different but whatever. Go to your settings go to the network settings an sees what it's showing.

0 Likes
Re: Mobile web no longer works
Not applicable

Mobile Web is a BREW application. Not compatable with 4G phones.

I think what you are referring to is your BROWSER ON THE PHONE in the new Jelly Bean Update is now called Chrome in some updates the old browser is still visable on your screen. I would click the apps key and then look for Chrome and click it and open up the browser. Type an address like www.google.com and see if that loads any better.

Then try other sites, Microsoft, Apple, cnn.com  you get the point. If your browser is now functioning the problem has been fixed.

Good Luck

0 Likes