Re: Mobile hotspot - Validation error for unlocked verizon phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't work for Verizon Wireless. I am just a customer of Verizon Wireless. You are not. You choose to NOT purchase a device designed for your country.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bmallya
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Ann - Pls understand the meaning of Customer. I have bough Cell phone devise from Verizon. So, i am their customer. I have check box content and Invoice. No place they have mentioned that this devise is only to be used in USA.

So, your post you need to reconsider!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon does not make any devices. If you are not getting service form Verizon then you are not a customer.

bmallya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon team expecting your reply on this..

Mrhelper, I am not asking you for the response. it would be good if you refrain from this matter....

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Verizon probably won't respond as they do not support altering software code.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

bmallya wrote:

My brother from US gifted me unlocked Samsung 5S phone from Verizon.

bmallya wrote:

@Ann - Pls understand the meaning of Customer. I have bough Cell phone devise from Verizon.

This sounds like 2 conflicting statements. Either you were gifted the phone or you purchased it, not both. It sounds as if your brother is a Verizon customer, but you are not.Smiley Happy

Verizon does not provide support for conflicts with other service providers. They provide support for using a device on their network or with their service.

It sounds as if you/your brother were trying to save a few dollars by purchasing the phone thru Verizon instead of from your service provider or a retailer which sells phones designed for your service provider. This is not always the best path to take and not all functions will work 100% on the phone with a provider other than the provider selling the phone. This is more evident in the US than in other countries, as you have found out.

bmallya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me wait for few days.. I have few similar customers response on the web....

Verizon can not support for customers who are not on their connection. they should not sell unlocked phone to customers. Many who wrote even dont understand this.. dint expect this from those who called as intellectuals.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us and the community, bmallya. We're here to help address your mobile hotspot concerns for your S5. As some of the community forums users have mentioned, it is very possible for certain device functions to not work properly through a different service provider. It is always recommended to purchase a device that is intended for your preferred network of choice, to ensure compatibility.

Unfortunately, the mobile hotspot service feature will only work while connected through the Verizon Wireless network. There may be a third party application available through the Play Store that can help meet this need. I apologize for the inconvenience, bmallya. If you have any additional questions, we are here to help assist. Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bmallya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Team, with lots of research, i have got the work around.Smiley Happy Smiley HappySmiley Happy

0 Likes
DoubleBob

Hello Bmallya,

I am actually a Verizon customer, with 4 lines currently active (myself, spouse and 2 kids).  However, as I am on an international assignment in Singapore, I purchased a Verizon Note 4 (full cost, no contract) so I can switch from Singtel to Verizon when I am visiting the States.  I do not wish to purchase the hotspot feature since I rarely use the device in the USA, but want to use it on the Singtel network.  The phone works flawlessly on the Singtel network with the exception of the hotspot function, which Verizon obviously has locked because they want the income stream.  Not very smart of Verizon to irritate someone with 4 active lines, which is one reason why I am positioning myself to be contract-free of Verizon in the very near future.

Anyway, would appreciate if you could share the workaround with me.  My email address is (removed).  Thank you!

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes