Mobile hotspot - Validation error for unlocked verizon phone
bmallya
Enthusiast - Level 2

My brother from US gifted me unlocked Samsung 5S phone from Verizon. I am currently using it in India. When i try to turn on Mobile hot spot, I get the error "Validation Error". Rest of the function in phone works fine. Pls assist me.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mobile hotspot - Validation error for unlocked verizon phone
rcschnoor
Legend

bmallya wrote:

My brother from US gifted me unlocked Samsung 5S phone from Verizon.

bmallya wrote:

@Ann - Pls understand the meaning of Customer. I have bough Cell phone devise from Verizon.

This sounds like 2 conflicting statements. Either you were gifted the phone or you purchased it, not both. It sounds as if your brother is a Verizon customer, but you are not.Smiley Happy

Verizon does not provide support for conflicts with other service providers. They provide support for using a device on their network or with their service.

It sounds as if you/your brother were trying to save a few dollars by purchasing the phone thru Verizon instead of from your service provider or a retailer which sells phones designed for your service provider. This is not always the best path to take and not all functions will work 100% on the phone with a provider other than the provider selling the phone. This is more evident in the US than in other countries, as you have found out.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn you are having trouble using your Mobile Hotspot, bmallya. Is the phone currently active with Verizon Wireless service? If so, did you add a global data plan?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Based on the OP's post, I would say the answers to the rep's questions are "No." and "No.". The OP is likely using the phone on the local Indian cellular carrier and not roaming.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bmallya
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using it in india with local airtel service provider connection. So, its not verizon plan or wifi.

0 Likes
Not applicable

you could try a 3rd party hotspot app.

0 Likes
bmallya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Which one? Can you provide name of the app pls?

0 Likes
Not applicable

No clue, look in the Google Play store.

0 Likes
bmallya
Enthusiast - Level 2

None of them work.. verizon can you help??

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bmallya wrote:

None of them work.. verizon can you help??

Why should Verizon Wireless help a non-customer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bmallya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154, what is your problem?

Verizon team, phone that you sold has a problem. Hope you take the responsibility for the same.

I hv checked with samsung service india. They told me its not working coz on verizon software in this phone.

0 Likes