Re: Mobile Hotspot fails at "checking subscription status"
MattWG49

I do not get the option for 2.4ghz or 5ghz when I check the advanced options box. I only get the drop-down menu with channels 1-11 and "Auto".

0 Likes
EdSled
Enthusiast - Level 2

Note to Silvia. I have a Droid MAXX with the same issue. On the Droid you have to be logged in before one can see or change the settings you mention in the link.

As I noted in my first post two weeks ago, the issue is not with any particular manufacturers phone, but with all phones running at a level less than Android 5.x..com

VZ is implementing new security features that are not compatible with Android 4.4.4 level phones. Users may have been encountering other vendor apps that are not compatible for the same reason. VZ Hotspot began to fail on Wed June 10th shortly after 4:30 AM CDT. 

VZ Support says they are working on a solution. Two weeks and counting. What do you think?

0 Likes
EdSled
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid Maxx froze up around 6pm CDT today.  It rebooted on it's own. A short while later I checked my hotspot . . . . . AND IT IS WORKING.

VZ must be snooping in my phone and found that I have been looking at T-MOBILE the last couple days after 19 years of faithful patronage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There is little that is more upsetting than to have a service that has worked flawlessly for so long suddenly stop working, MattWG49. We will work together to find out why this happened. If it turns out to be something in the device, we will look at options for you. I have sent a Private Note to continue in this process.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
MattWG49

EdSled: I am working again, as well. It appears Verizon got into my phone and did something, because the hotspot wifi password was changed. Started working again last night.

0 Likes
joealexander
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure who did what, since I have not heard from VZW, but my Wifi Hotspot is now working again! So, thank you to whomever did whatever!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EdSled, I understand how important this fieature is to have. To confirm, that Hotspot is working now? Are other services impacted (calls, text)?  AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad that your Hotspot is working, Edsled. Rest assured that we are not snooping around on your device. Let us know if you have any other issues with your Hotspot service. 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can assure you, we would never do anything to your phone. Is there anything we can help with at this time?

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Theunclebob
Enthusiast - Level 3

Checked this thread yesterday, then tried my HotSpot and it started working again.  Even though I had multiple calls with Verizon where I was told I would receive a call back, it was working for two days before I read about it on the internet.

So I called in - only to find out that my ticket was still open and unresolved.

The communication surrounding this chain of events was appalling and disappointing.  For a communications company, y'all terrible at communication.

0 Likes