Mobile Hotspot and My Verizon app issues
tatem21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently upgraded from a droid turbo to galaxy S7.  Both mobile hotspot and my Verizon apps worked up until the minute I handed my old phone over.

Now, on the new phone with My Verizon, I get a sign in error saying "We were unable to launch my Verizon with a number associated with your device."  It will let me log in manually with my mobile number though.

With Mobile hotspot, I just get a message saying "unable to connect. mobile number not found"

It would seem like a setting is off somewhere in the phone but Google searching isn't being very helpful as far as finding a solution.

0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot and My Verizon app issues
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you log in to MyVerizon on your computer?  Is it showing the S7 associated with your phone number?

Check the added features and ensure that Mobile Hotspot is turned on (from the computer desktop version of MyVerizon).  Post back with your results ...

0 Likes
tatem21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I can log in, no it doesn't show the s7 associated with my number.

0 Likes
rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to be sure everything on your phone is working the way it should tatem21. Suzy Q asked some great questions to put us on the right path to get this resolved. I have sent you a direct message so we can further assist.

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What phone IS showing on your number?  Remove the SIM card from the old phone, and power it down.  Both use the same size SIM card (Nano SIM) so you can just put the SIM from the Turbo into the S7 - but you said you "handed your old phone over" - to who? 

You'll need to get the new SIM activated with your number - a call to customer service or a visit to a store should resolve this.

0 Likes
tatem21
Enthusiast - Level 2

None. it's a gray silhouette. I traded my phone in at an official Verizon store. I don't have it or the simple card anymore.

0 Likes