Mobile Data Extremely Slow/Not Working
zmartens
Enthusiast - Level 1

After I updated my S10-5G this morning for the January 2020 update I have had issues connecting to anything online.  I can text just fine but when I search or use my mobile data for any internet use, there is a slow load for about 10% and then it says connectivity issues or slow data.

Is this just me?  I can't find others with the same issues.  I have tried switching from Gloabal to LTE and other mobile network options.  All fail.

Labels (1)
Re: Mobile Data Extremely Slow/Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's our priority to provide you with the speeds you need. Did you perform the update using data, or a Wi-Fi connection? Does this only happen with the internet? How are your apps working for you?  EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Queen2u
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue. Will not send any MMS period. I've been through every Troubleshooting step and still nothing. All resets, all restarts, Safe Mode, etc. Extremely frustrating. Feels like 2005 speed. Please advise. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working service for your area is important and we want to make sure you are all set with your services. With regard to your connection issues what is your current zip code? How long has this been an issue for you and are there others impacted as well?  JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Melodymc626
Enthusiast - Level 1

Been having this for almost two months.  Service has now began to terrible where I live as well and that used to not be an issue. 

How can the not working internet/ slow internet be fixed?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Melodymc626, we know how important it is to have reliable service, and we are here to help. Have you done any troubleshooting on your own, to try to resolve this issue?CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
JesusReigns777
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have wondered the same exact thing.  Aren't 4G or 5G supposed to be fast data connections?

Jack Bashor
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JesusReigns777,

We certainly understand everyone's need for speed. Are you specifically having data speed concerns? If so, what ZIP code are you located in? What make and model device do you have?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Canfam4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing! Been with Verizon for 18 years and this is the slowest my phone has been! Seems to be the last 2-3 months 

DJMama1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an IPhone 7+ , full package with Verizon. Never had issues before but for last two months sometimes the page won’t even load.  Very Frustrating! Zip is 74023