Mic icon for text to speech missing and can't restore using any of the help topics
tlgutie1

I have tried going to Settings>Language and Input>Text-to-speech options>Google Text-to-speech and it simply is does not do anything to restore the mic icon.  I'm extremely frustrated.

0 Likes
Re: Mic icon for text to speech missing and can't restore using any of the help topics
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you long-press the key just to the right of the Sym key, do you then get a pop-up toggle with choices, including the microphone?

0 Likes
Re: Mic icon for text to speech missing and can't restore using any of the help topics
tlgutie1

I can long press the key to get the pop-up toggle but the mic is no longer showing as an option and none of the ‘fixes’ for getting it back work.

Thanks,

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tlgutie1 We want the text function working again. Which keyboard are you using? When did you notice it was removed?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tlgutie1

I just noticed it was removed earlier this week. I don’t know when I last used it. I don’t understand your question on what keyboard I am using. I only have the one keyboard option when using text messaging on my phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone can have multiple keyboard installed, but only one is activate at a time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tlgutie1, thank you so much for the response back. I want to make sure that we get the chance to get this back up and running for you. Has there been any changes to your device recently (new app downloads or software update)? If you open a web browser and get the keyboard to pull up, does the mic icon come up there? Or does it only not show up when you try through your text message application?

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tlgutie1

The mic icon has completely disappeared. It does not show in any app where you can utilize text-to-speech options. I have not received any software updates recently and have had only the normal updates to apps that come through automatically.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried downloading/using another keyboard from the Play Store?

0 Likes
tlgutie1

I just downloaded a Google keyboard from the Playstore and it does not have the mic icon either. It simply no longer exists on my phone no matter what ‘fix’ I try. This is beyond frustrating.

0 Likes