Message+ vs Messages app
axidksu

I have set the message+  as my default app, but the stock messages app is taking over. I can't assign individual notification sounds. Anyone else with this problem or any solution to fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Message+ vs Messages app
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried going to App Manager and disabling the Messages app?

0 Likes
axidksu

Yep. It's not allowing me to disable it at all. I can block everything though from coming through.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which application is set up as you default text app?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
axidksu

Message+. I read somewhere online that the contacts have to be directly on the phone and not in a cloud, so I'm going to try that today.

0 Likes
chronophan
Enthusiast - Level 1

YEARS later, this continues to be a problem! With Verizon's push to use an installed app on Windows systems rather than making it easy to contiue to use a web makes me supicious whether Verizon has any sense regarding providing a product which is useful to its customers. The Messages app on this phone ALWAYS gets the texts sent to me, while its random whether texts ever gets to the Verizon Message+, even with Messages turned off and even after deleteing all the threads that inadverly end up on the Messages app. Even text messages from Verizon sent to this iPhone have always end up in the Messages app rather that the Verizon Message+ app! Either the Verizon and Samsung programers are having some sort of childish spat, or one or both sets of programers need to go back to school and learn write effective applications.

0 Likes
gpront

I switched over to Message+ years ago with no problems and, for quite a while, no complaints. Without question, though, it has become less and less reliable. Apparently, since it's free with no ads, they no longer truly support it. Like, by assigning a programmer or quality controller to take an occasional look at what the reviews are saying. I'm finding that the Win10 app rarely picks up incoming, and the iPad app freezes for several minutes shortly after I open it, then relaunches before getting down to business. I'd still be happy if all I needed was the Android version. As it is, I've set aside some time later this week to shop around for an alternative, even if I have to pay for it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gpront, we know that messaging is a top form of communication and definitely want you to have access to yours. While we have found that the Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers and therefore temporarily removed it, you may access Messages by signing in to your My Verizon account and then under Account to the top right choose Messages. I trust this is beneficial.

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tecknotot
Enthusiast - Level 3

So a year later from your response, Message+ has been vastly improved.  Im running 7.0.10 and it has more features and stability fixes.  The only thing missing is support for Bitmoji.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes