Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Message tone while texting
keltymd

Default Tone when in Chat conversation 

I am new to Android and love my S5 so far. I do have one little thing that bugs the crap out of me. When I am texting with someone it keeps dinging every time they send me a message even if I have the conversation open. I am with Verizon and took it to them to look at they had no clue. We tried the ones on the floor and they did the same but the tech had his personal one and it did not make a noise if he had the text conversation open.  I have tried 4 or 5 different text messaging applications and they all do it.  I have friends on ATT and Sprint with GS5s and theirs do not do it so I know it is something in the Verizon customizations they do but am not sure if it can be adjusted.

So to explain it a little different  here are the steps

1. you receive  a text and hear the tone

2. open the Text messaging app to read the message

3. same person texts you again while you have the conversation open and you hear the tone again

4. you keep a conversation going while you are typing another text to that person in the conversation you hear a tone every time they send you another message

5. you go nuts from hearing ding ding ding 400 times while you are texting with then

6. you throw your GS5 in the toilet to get away from the dings

7. you realize its waterproof and is still dinging as they are texting you

anyone else having this issue? I am on 4.4.4

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Message tone while texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't mean for those tones to cause any annoyance, keltymd. If you are using the Verizon Messages/Messages application, you do have the option to mute a conversation. To do this, from your message inbox, long press the conversation and select mute conversation. You would need to unmute the conversation afterwards, but this is helpful if you are engaging in a long conversation.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes