Message+ piop up dialog box
lynlove
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I preview text messages on the lock screen or notification banner with Verizon Message+ pop up dialog box? I'm using Galaxy S10 5G and Android 10. It used to work with Android 9 but is not working now. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ piop up dialog box
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lynlove, it's extremely convenient to be able to view your texts and conversation without having to open the actual messaging application. Let's try a few things. Within the Messages+ app, navigate to Settings> Notifications> Pop Up. Please let us know if you see options to view your message as a pop up or on your lock screen. Otherwise, if this is happening with multiple apps, you will need to go into the Settings app on your device, tap Notifications> View Style. Please let us know if this helps.   EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

settings/lock screen/show content

0 Likes
lynlove
Enthusiast - Level 2

Already enabled. Still doesn't work. 

0 Likes
lynlove
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no option to select "pop up" in Message+. There is no "View Style" in the magic settings Notification selection. 

0 Likes
lynlove
Enthusiast - Level 2

*main NOT "magic" 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lynlove, we are not giving up on you. In doing some digging, we did find some steps for the Pop Up dialog box, directly from the manufacturer. Please follow the steps on this link at http://spr.ly/66011ZnKF. Under number 4, be sure to select Message +. Please let us know if this helps.

LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lynlove
Enthusiast - Level 2

The smart pop up under advanced features is not the same as what was present in Android 9; but it does have apop up box - that only occurs when the phone is unlocked. The Message+ pop up available in Android 9 (and previous versions) allowed a pop up in locked AND unlocked screens. This is what I'd like to restore on my phone. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional details. In this case,with the recent update on the device that option is no longer available. We'll make sure to forward your feedback to our developers.

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
gaspergirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

That really stinks.  That was a feature I loved and used for years.  Taking away the notification light was a bad choice; and taking away this feature for the app is also bad.  Please bring it back!

0 Likes