Message+ glympse not working. How do I fix it?
disneyr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I try to use Glympse from within the Message+ app but it isn't working. I click the plus symbol on the left of the dialogue box and then I click the dark blue Glympse button and I get a dialog box message saying: "Provisioning failed - please retry through settings in order to obtain a valid glympse account" I have tried to find something in Message+ setting, general setting, app manager but I can't find anything that addresses this problem. Please help. Thanks!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ glympse not working. How do I fix it?
disneyr
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Samsung GS7 downloaded a system update last night. I completed installing the update this morning. I immediately checked the Message+ app. It appears that Message+ updated also with new imogies and also updated the Glympse  linkage. I just sent a Glympse message to my daughter and it works! 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your location turned on?  In Messages+, Advanced settings there is an option to send your location - is that turned on? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for helping out SuzyQ. I want your Glympse to work Disneyr. Were you able to check to see if you locations is on?  What is the make/model of the device you have?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

disneyr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Location is on and set to high accuracy. I have a new Samsung GS7. I have restarted several times. I even tried. Reinstalling Message+. I just checked the Glimpse button within the Message+ with the exact same result. Glympse worked fine on my previous phone. Not sure what is wrong.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Disneyr,

Thanks for completing a few troubleshooting steps on your own. I also like to send Glympse message with my android device. Let’s take an additional look at your application. Are you getting any additional error messages? Clear your applications cache and keep us posted with the results. Here are the steps on how to complete http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203662/ .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s keep working towards a resolution, Disneyr. When did this issue begin and has it worked correctly on the device at all? What application version are you using? If you turn on Driving Mode under settings, are you then able to access Glympse?

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
disneyr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glympse has not worked on the device at all since I first tried it.. From the first time I tried to use Glympse it resulted in what is described in my first post. I just tried what you suggested. I put Message+ in Drive Mode in settings. In Drive Mode, I pushed the Glympse button with the same result.

I bought this new Samsung Galaxy S7 at Best Buy and I am covered by Geek Squad. I took the phone in to Geek Squad and they did further troubleshooting and also asked the in house Samsung rep about the problem. They got the same result I did. They showed me a work around but it i cumbersome and doesn't solve the problem of sending a Glympse location from within the Message+ app. The workaround is this: They downloaded the Glympse app onto the Samsung GS7. Within the Glympse app you click "Share location". Select Message+ as the option to share. Select the recipient of the message. Press send.

So the Glympse app works on the phone but still will not work within Message+ on the phone.

0 Likes
disneyr
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Samsung GS7 downloaded a system update last night. I completed installing the update this morning. I immediately checked the Message+ app. It appears that Message+ updated also with new imogies and also updated the Glympse  linkage. I just sent a Glympse message to my daughter and it works! 🙂

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Awesome - it sounds like the update addressed whatever the issue was with Glympse!

0 Likes
disneyr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, it is working now. The update fixed the problem. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes