Message+ gifs not working
Markhamjm
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S 8+ and when I try to send a GIF now from the search menu, it says "no matches". Pictures and videos will show up, but no gifs.  The gif keyboard terrible because you can't search for what you want and it is way too easy to hit a gif and send it while you're trying to scroll to find one, so being able to search for what you wanted was nice.  

What happened to the gifs in the message+ search function?!

Tags (2)
Re: Message+ gifs not working
7reids

Me too? Any uodateu on this?

0 Likes
Caradise
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue. Also happening on my husband's, mom's and son's 

0 Likes
You_wish

I just reinstalled this app after about a month because my text messages were out of order only to find there is yet another problem with it. Please fix this Verizon!

0 Likes
Luke0808
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue. Images and Videos tabs work, but all I get is No Matches Found for the Gif tab, no matter what I search. Do I need to download a separate app that syncs up with Message+??

lbailey20
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an LG k20v and have the same problem over the last 2 days. My husband's phone does not seem to have this problem. I can still receive gifs, but I can not use the search to find them. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

After an Android software update, commands and features are sometimes moved around, work differently or not at all. When this happens, there will be another update sent out to fix the issues. Please be patient while it's worked out. In the meantime, please see this app for more details: https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Series/Message-gifs-not-working/m-p/110947... 

TinaN_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret hearing that you have been having some trouble with your text messages, You_wish. I hope that using Verizon Messages has correct the issue with your messages being out of order. I to send my fair share of GIF's when I send text messages. I encourage you to contact the developer directly for assistance. They can be contacted under Developer here: http://spr.ly/6609E5vdV or you can send an email directly to VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com.
I hope that this information is helpful.

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Luke0808, I know how much I utilize gifs through messaging. We're actively working with all of this feedback to get to the bottom of this issue. Did this coincide with a software or app update? Do you get the same result if you use the default messenger? 

MelissaP_VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our Message+ app is an excellent feature, and we want you to enjoy it. Please tell me what's happening when you try searching for your gifs? When did this begin? Share details.

EvelynR_VZW

0 Likes