Highlighted

Message blocking

Several times a day, I am getting Spam text messages. Dr Oz recommends..., Improve your love life..., claim your lottery prize, etc.

I do not open the message, but if I hold my finger on it, I can "add to contacts" which I do. As soon as I have named and saved the contact, I select "block this contact" and I see "you will no longer receive calls or messages from this number."  But I am getting messages that have the contact name I have assigned.

The blocking feature is obviously not working. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Message blocking

Community Manager
Community Manager

billjohnson121, we know the importance of managing spam calls. What blocking service/application are you using when this happens? What make and model phone do you have?  TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Message blocking

I have a Samsung SM-G955U phone, hardware version REV1.0.  Android.

As far as I know, the apps I am using are the ones that were on the phone when I bought it.  Installed on my phone is Verizon Messages/Message+ version 6.9.13.  The app info page for both "phone" and "contacts" says version 10.2.30.10.  Updates have been installed automatically.

When I get the spam message, I "long-hold" my finger on the message and I can "add to contacts."  After I have added the contact and saved it, I touch the three vertical dots in the upper right corner and I get "block contact".  Then comes the message that says you will no longer receive calls or messages from this contact. 

I am still getting other spam, but I am also getting spam with the contact name I have assigned.

0 Likes