Message+ app not working on my S10+
revduane

I have been using Message+ for years, and really love the app.  Recently, it has begun to get really buggy.  When sending a text, it just keeps saying "sending".  Sometimes the recipient got the message, other times not.  There's no real way to know.  I used to also use the Windows 10 app for Message+, and it just doesn't work at all now.

I decided to delete the Message+ app from the phone, and see how the default message app works.  I don't seem to have any issues sending messages via that app.  

One thing I noticed when I started the default app.  The messages that Message+ was showing as sending show a status that says "Sent  Error code:Addr.Vcnt."

Not sure what's going on, but it's a shame the app appears to have bugged out.  Any ideas what might fix the problem?

I guess I should throw in that the app has been removed and reinstalled, force stop and reset data, restart the phone multiple times.  Even spent a few hours on the phone with Verizon a little while back with the same issue.  They poked around in their network saying there was an issue there, and it worked for a bit.  Dead again.

Thanks,
Duane

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ app not working on my S10+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to see you enjoy the services we offer including the Message+ service. I apologize for the experience. You mentioned that you cleared the App Data, I would also like to confirm did you clear the app cache in the same Storage menu as well? Have you tried erasing the threads with the contacts that seem to get held up and starting a new conversation?   YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
revduane

Yes.  I tried clearing both the data and the cache multiple times.  It also appears to happen when sending a text to someone I've never texted before.  As I said in the original post, I even tried totally uninstalling the app and downloading it from the play store again.  Still no joy.

So far, I've had no issues whatsoever with using the default app that came on my phone instead.

Duane

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Revduane, you've gone through a lot so far with the app. Do you notice this happening when you're connected to WiFi or the mobile network?

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes