Message app issues
etaull85
Enthusiast - Level 1

This update is horrible. I can't see who has text me until i open up the messages app. Usually there is a number indicating the number of text messages you have. It doesn't show the numbers anymore,apps close by them selves. A lot glitches,wifi connection issues. The new Update shouldn't have been released. Very upset!

Re: Message app issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

etaull85, I regret to learn you're experiencing issues since your Messages+ App updated. I want to ensure that your app is running as smoothly as mine is. My device does perform updates automatically, so I can advise that the app does still show the number of new/unread messages over the Messages+ app icon. What is the make and model of your device? Have you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling that app to see if that returns your app to normal function? Is the Wi-Fi connectivity issue related only to the Messages+ app or something else?

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
etaull85
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, the numbers on the app still do not appear. Everything in the settings is set up that way and yet to avail. I'm pretty tech savvy and since have updated to the new Oreo software it has not been showing the numbers indicating how many text messages I have. My other apps as well as my internet just close on their own very often and it is very frustrating! The wifi issue is ok for now.  Still experiencing issues with the other 2. What can I do to correct these issues? Thank you. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

etaull85, 

We understand your frustration and want nothing more than for you to be able to continue to enjoy your phone. Updates should enhance your experience, but they don't always play well with the items we use on our phones. Typically, when an OS update occurs, the applications on your device should have updates become available to them as well. Please ensure all of your applications have been updated, especially the ones you're having trouble with. For the messages app, try uninstalling the updates by going to Settings > Apps > App manager > Messages or Messages+(whichever you're using) > Menu (three dots upper right corner) > Uninstall updates. Check to see if the new message indicator works for you. If you continue having trouble, the next option would be to try a software repair using the steps on this link http://vz.to/1Uc3A3e

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes