Message+ Speech to text not working
rahn
Enthusiast - Level 3

So on my S8+ the microphone icon always records (and automatically sends!) my voice in Message+. It does not convert speech to text like I'm used to.  I've tried various suggestions found across the internet with no success.  I don't want to record my voice and send as an MMS I want to dictate text messages/SMS with my voice.  Speech to text works fine in other apps with it.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ Speech to text not working
rahn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since my wife and I both have the S8+ and hers was acting correctly in re: the microphone icon on keyboard. Her button was actually multipurpose for the mic (speech to tex), text copy/paste, emoji, etc.  On my phone it was one thing only: emoji.  I compared all relevant settings and they were the same.  So I switched the default input keyboards to anything but Samsung.  Then I immediately switched them back to Samsung.  Resolved the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the microphone on the keyboard rather than the one in the text box?

rahn
Enthusiast - Level 3

There isn't one on the keyboard...that might be the issue.  I'll try some other global keyboard types as soon as time allows to see if they allow for the microphone in Message+

0 Likes
rahn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since my wife and I both have the S8+ and hers was acting correctly in re: the microphone icon on keyboard. Her button was actually multipurpose for the mic (speech to tex), text copy/paste, emoji, etc.  On my phone it was one thing only: emoji.  I compared all relevant settings and they were the same.  So I switched the default input keyboards to anything but Samsung.  Then I immediately switched them back to Samsung.  Resolved the problem.

0 Likes