Message Notification is not working within text message window.
D-Square
Enthusiast - Level 2

With the recent updates, I have noticed that the text message notification is not alerting that there is a new text message if the text message window is still open.  Is there any way to fix it or do i just need to use another program other than verizon messenger plus?  i can not continue to miss important, time sensitive message because this feature is not work.  Now i have to respond to the message, close the windown or close the app itself so I will be notified when a new message arrives.  It is very annoying to get doing this over and over for every message received.  

Labels (1)
Re: Message Notification is not working within text message window.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There are a number of issues that could be causing this symptom with messages. My first recommendation would be to search for updates to make sure you have the latest software versions. I also recommend running a Device Health Check from the My Verizon app to see if there is a memory or settings issue.

PaulS_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

check settings/notifications/advanced & see if it's selected.

0 Likes
D-Square
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've checked it a dozen times. It has something to do with last update. My friends that use the Verizon messenger app are having the same problem. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

D-Square-

I realize the importance of receiving notifications when a new message is received. We want to gather more details to ensure we get this issue resolved. Is it the notification pop up, the sound notification or both that is not working when a new message comes up? Which Samsung Galaxy S model phone do you have?

CarmenT_VZW

D-Square
Enthusiast - Level 2

The sound notification is NOT working while the text window is open.  The pop up notification is fine.  I have a Galaxy S9+ (SMG965U).  This problem is also occurring with all models including the Galaxy S8+.

Is there a way to download the old verizon messenger software because i really do not like the Samsung messaging software.  

0 Likes
DialNM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both the notification pop up and the sound notification are not working when a new message comes up in an open conversation. I have a Samsung S10.

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

D-Square-

I realize the importance of receiving notifications when a new message is received. We want to gather more details to ensure we get this issue resolved. Is it the notification pop up, the sound notification or both that is not working when a new message comes up? Which Samsung Galaxy S model phone do you have?

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DialNM, I am sorry to learn that the notification, as well as the sound, is not working. We certainly want you to know when a new message has arrived. Has this always been the case? To confirm are you using the Verizon Messages + application or another messaging application?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
kands6191

I have an S8 and I am using Message+.  If I have the message window open, I do not receive sound notifications for any new messages.  My husband just got an S10 and he has the same issue.  Please find a solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kands6191,

Making sure you know when you get a new message is crucial. We want to make sure you can get back to people quickly. We're glad to help with this. When did you first notice this happening? What happens if you get a text while that window isn't open? Are your software and Message+ apps up to date on both devices?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes