Message Notification Settings for Unread Text Messages
Micahsdyer
Enthusiast - Level 1

On the S7, anytime I received a text message there would be an icon in the top bar. Even if I ended up clearing all my notifications, the icon would stay there until I actually read the message.

On my S9, that same icon disappears if I clear the notification - even if the message is unread. Is there anyway to fix that?

0 Likes
Re: Message Notification Settings for Unread Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly wouldn't want you to miss any text message notifications. Which texting application are you using currently: the pre-installed Verizon Messages+ app or a third party app? What exactly do you see in the status bar?

0 Likes
Micahsdyer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using "Messages" that came with the phone, not messages+.

To be more specific, when I receive a text message there is a badge on the

app icon as well as a notification in the top bar. This is good.

Then if I pull down the top bar and clear all notifications, it will remove

the app icon badge and the icon in the top bar - even if the message has

not been read yet.

On my old S7, this didnt happen.

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 4:49 PM, vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I really appreciate that additional clarification, Micahsdyer. I have a habit of clearing my notifications as well and would completely forget to go back to my texts if the badge was gone for good too. Since you're using Samsung's Messages application, I'd like you to use the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216774/ to be sure the General notifications are turned on in addition to the New messages notifications. If it's still causing trouble, I'd like to have you try changing the default message application to Message+ using the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216719/ and see if you experience the same issue with your notifications while using Message+. This will help us to know the next path to take if you're still running into trouble. 

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ALAMUR2

I use message + and I also have that problem.  When I read my message the notification goes away...even though I had two other unread messages.  I can’t seem to find anything in my settings that would fix this.

ilima

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to use your device and get the messages that you need. With regard to the device what is the make and model for your phone? When did this start for you?JasperM_VZW

0 Likes