Mega Data Usage at certain times
cookster39

I was looking at the usage meter and noticed that at approx (not exactly) 730 am and 330 pm my usage spikes crazily. I am driving to work at 730 and am not using my phone at all. Anyone experience this? Any solutions? Im using more data on this phone than I ever did on my iPhone

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mega Data Usage at certain times
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cookster39,

I certainly understand how important it is to stay up to date with your data consumption. My apologies that there may have been a scare relating to your usage. No need to worry! I assure you, this is normal. When it comes to devices such as Android phones, data is constantly being consumed in the background. Any downloaded applications such as games & social media applications will always connect to the internet. To confirm your usage. I recommend visiting http://bit.ly/xB4iTc. Once here, please select data usage. Next you will be able to view the dates, times, and amount of data that your phone has been consuming. Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions or concerns, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bigrigdriver

Yes I just renewed my plan and I had 2 GB of data and 10 min later had 1gb and I have not used my phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cookster39,

I certainly understand how important it is to stay up to date with your data consumption. My apologies that there may have been a scare relating to your usage. No need to worry! I assure you, this is normal. When it comes to devices such as Android phones, data is constantly being consumed in the background. Any downloaded applications such as games & social media applications will always connect to the internet. To confirm your usage. I recommend visiting http://bit.ly/xB4iTc. Once here, please select data usage. Next you will be able to view the dates, times, and amount of data that your phone has been consuming. Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions or concerns, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bigrigdriver,

Oh My! To see a spike of 1GB of data in 10 minutes is a lot. This would definitely raise my eyebrow. What phone are you using? What apps are you running? Have you dialed #DATA to get an accurate reading? Keep me posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes