Max Power Saving mode
mzilli
Enthusiast - Level 2

Max Power Saving mode has a major issue on my phone ever since the Nougat update.  I can put my phone in max power saving, use it as expected, but when I return it to Normal mode, all of my icons and widgets on my home screen will have disappeared.  I have to then add all of them back to my home screen manually.

It appears this is a known issue that's been happening for a while (posted below; the headline says "solved" but it is NOT solved):

Solved: Ultra Power Saving mode resets Home screen (and ot... - Samsung Community - 2962

I would expect Verizon to fix this in an upcoming update as it's clearly a broad issue.

0 Likes
Re: Max Power Saving mode
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

mzilli​ I love customizing my phone but definitely understand how this can become bothersome.   When this occurs go into Settings > Apps/Applications > Application Manager > More/(3 dots on top right) > Reset App Preferences to resolve the issue and keep us posted with your results.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
mzilli
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great, thanks.  This mostly worked.  Instead of all applications disappearing, only 3 applications disappeared, which is much better.  Still strange, though.

yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

mzilli​, I am glad to hear that it has helped.  Are the applications that disappeared, third party applications?

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
mzilli
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, all three were third party applications.  United Airlines app, Swing by Swing, and OneLogin Protect.

Matt

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all of these details, mzilli. Let’s continue working on this. Can you please readjust your icons how you want them on your home screen? Once that is completed please restart your device in Safe mode. Please follow this link to do so https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203266/. Once your device is in safe mode please proceed with activating/ deactivating power saving mode and share your results.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mzilli
Enthusiast - Level 2

I followed the instructions precisely, and unfortunately, the device wiped all of the icons off the home screen again and wiped them out of the tray as well.  Only 4 apps remained on the home screen (Facebook, Phone and Camera, and Chrome in the tray).  So, my home screen went 20 icons + 4 in the tray to 3 icons on the home screen and 1 in the tray).

0 Likes