Re: Marshmallow update RUINED MY PHONE!
Njc1006

So other then doing a factory reset and having to spend a few hours reloading my apps social media email etc there is no other way to fix the problems I've been getting since installing the update? Why release it without testing it?

0 Likes
dannygully
Enthusiast - Level 2

When doing a factory reset the only things I lost was my settings and some of my music (and time due to the work). If you use the verizon cloud you get 5gb of free data. So you can use this to back up your contacts and pictures. You can back up text messages and call logs if you want too. 5gb was not enough to back up all my music though. The play store will have the apps you had under the "my apps" and you can re-download them. The couple games i play i have linked in the game to my gmail so when they redownloaded i didnt lose any progress. After that it is just re-logging into all of them and re-setting up your backgrounds/preferences/etc. Don't forget to re-set an alarm clock of you used that before the reset, I missed that one the first day.  Good luck.

Davenoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

Marshmallow Email Fix.

Marshmallow caused my email to stop notifying by sound or vibration.  After all the usual settings were deemed correct, even by Verizon techs, I found another setting even deeper in the phones.This worked for me.

Open Settings

Hit notificationsHit Advanced

Select Email

Set Hide on locked screen = off

Set Hide content on locked screen = off

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Njc1006

I know how important it is to have a great working phone. On rare occasions a system update will not install properly to a device. This results in the need to factory reset the phone in order to clear any bugs caused by the installed. As our community has suggested, you can use the Verizon Cloud to help back up your important information ahead of time.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/

ChristompherM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thehiz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have had trouble since downloading Marshmallow.  My main trouble is the Google Play app will not connect with my brand new Netgear modem/router (AC1750).  It will only connect using the Guest network for some reason.  If I try to connect using the regular user connection, Google Play downloads and updates time out.  Usually a "495" error.  Also, none of the pictures show up when using Google Play.  Very odd.  My other issue since downloading Marshmallow is the battery drain and phone temperature.  Prior to Marshmallow, the battery was pretty good and never overheated.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone, Netgear AC1750 modem/router, and Time Warner internet.  I've talked to Verizon, Google, Netgear and Time Warner and no one can provide a resolution.  After talking with Verizon, I did at least figure out the Guest Network worked and I am now using that a my work-a-round.  I may perform a factory reset today to see if the phone improves. 

When will the next update come out for Marshmallow that will fix some of the bugs? 

0 Likes
ms6073

This seems very trivial compared to the problems others have noted, but after the update, I noticed that the Verizon Contacts app no longer displays the 'All' checkbox when trying to send group text messages. Prior to the update, I could check the 'All' checkbox then all the contacts that are members of the group, would be selected and added to a new text message in Google Messenger. Now the contact app instead defaults to the recent contacts tab and I have to type in/select all the names of the members of the group in order to send a group text message.

0 Likes
thehiz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon just released an update/patch yesterday that you may want to download that will fix most Google Play download issues.  I downloaded it today but haven't had the chance to test it at home on my network just yet.  Software version: MMB29K.G920VVRU4CPD2.  The update does have other benefits as well like the new memory setting in the Application Manager that will let you see how much memory (RAM) is being used by apps and how much is free.   Anyway I'm crossing my fingers that this update fixes the Google Play issues and overheating.

Good Luck!

0 Likes