Marshmallow update RUINED MY PHONE!
Alayna3

My phone was perfect in every way before this morning when marshmallow came along. I have a galaxy s6 and not 1 problem or complaint with it. Now I have nothing BUT problems with everything on it! I'm [removed]! The business email won't sync, Facebook won't update, voice-mail won't refresh, text messages are showing in my business email inbox?? I have 2 WiFi connections a personal and a business and it won't connect to the business one like it always has in the past. How the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] do I go back to the previous version? I don't want troubleshooting [removed] . My phone was perfect before this update that I don't want. I just want to go back to exactly what I had this morning and for the past 5 months that I've had this phone!!! Version G920VVRU4BOK7  Please just tell me how to go back and not how to try and troubleshoot this garbage!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Marshmallow update RUINED MY PHONE!
mac1bc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, you can't go back after you have updated.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mac1bc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, you can't go back after you have updated.

0 Likes
dannygully
Enthusiast - Level 2

It ruined my s6 edge too. I cannot connect to Wi-Fi and my battery drains in about 3 hours, even on power saving mode.. this is terrible. Verizon support was no help on it either.

rebmisha
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had problems after the April 8 update as well -- I stopped receiving email notifications and had to manually search for email, and a voice mail app was telling me it was failing, even though I hadn't received any calls and/or voicemails.    I found that when I turned off the Powersave function, it seems to have corrected the problem.

Davenoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have same problem. Email will not give me audible or vibration notification after update to Marshmallow. Horrible situation. Verizon store can't fix it.  samsung counter at Best Buy can't either. Also panorama replay wont work. Someone please help.

RussM92844
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problems too. My S6 worked perfect running Lollipop, but once Marshmallow was installed there has been nothing but problems. I've spent the last six days on the phone with Verizon, Netgear, and Samsung, nobody wants to admit the problem. I am tired and spent on this issue. APPLE, you look more appealing every day, so does a NEW CARRIER!! 

dannygully
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally gave in and did a factory reset. It was a pain to re-set everything up on the phone, but it seems to have fixed the problems I was having. I'm now able to connect to wi-fi, my phones not overheating, and my battery is lasting longer. Wish there would of been an easier fix or someone more helpful at verizon or Samsung so I didn't waste so many hours, but at least it's working better now.

Davenoso
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Danny, Galaxy S6 and Marshmallow.  What did you lose and what were you able to save during reset. I'm contemplating s reset also but I'm not happy and I'm nervous about exactly what I'll lose.

Thanks

Dennis

0 Likes
cahillsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try Turning off power saver mode. This should take care of your problems. Seems to be a bug in power savings mode

that's preventing apps from accessing the internet

good luck

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dannygully, I am glad to hear your device is working as it should. A factory reset fixes issues since everything that was on the device is removed. We suggest a factory reset as a last resort to avoid you the painful process. I apologize for the inconvenience this issue caused you.
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes