Re: Marshmallow, the Play Store, WiFi and the Galaxy S6ness of it all
SherriT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having all of these same problems. A year ago I switched from a Motorola Droid to a Samsung S6. Until now, I have been in heaven. Now I'm reliving old nightmares. Please get this figured out!

0 Likes
thehiz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have most of the same problems since downloading Marshmallow.  One workaround for me has been to use the "Guest" network on my Netgear AC1750 router.  While this isn't the best solution to fixing Samsung/Google/Verizon's underlying software/hardware/connectivity issues, it will work until they finally create a patch or update of some kind. 

Here are 2 other suggestions I found online that I haven't had the chance to try just yet.  If you try them, good luck.  Please post back to this thread if they do work.

1. Settings -> Application manager -> Google Play Store -> Permissions -> turn all on -> Force Stop.
  2. Disable IPV6 on your router firewall so that no IPV6 info will pass through the Wifi to the S6.

Verizon…thoughts??  Can you provide an update to all these customer issues with Marshmallow and the Wifi connectivity issues?  A top of the line router should be able to work with the newest technology and updates that come along with Marshmallow and new Samsung phones.

0 Likes
FG123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same problems since the Marshmallow update.  Has anybody have this figured out?  I've contacted Verizon,  they sent me to Samsung,  Samsung said to have Best Buy reset my phone.  Then Samsung sent me to Google.  Google then sent me back to Samsung.  I can't believe that so many people are having the same problem - yet Verizon acts like I am the only one!  All everybody knows is to do a factory reset - which I did - but still didn't help. I can connect to wi-fi,  but no downloads,  youtube,  or streaming Pandora.  I refuse to be charged extra for extra data because of a bad update. Anybody have a fix for this?

0 Likes
thehiz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not had any additional luck FG123.  I just have been staying with using the "Guest" network.  The 2 suggestions I posted above, from a different blog, did not work for me. 

I did a full factory reset the other day and the funny thing is, I ended up having more problems.  Some type of Android system app/function started running in the background and burned up my battery within 4 hours without use.  It was terrible.  My phone was almost on fire.  So I had to go back in and do yet another factory reset.  It took care of the new problem of extreme battery drain and high temperature.  But the original primary problem of Google Play not working with my brand new top tier modem/router in one, still an issue.  Good luck to you.  Hopefully there will be some type of patch or update and all companies are seeing posts about the issue.  (That's you Verizon, Google, Samsung, Time Warner and Netgear.)

0 Likes
FG123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read on another post to install a app called DNset.  Has anybody did this?  It's supposed to fix this,  but all traffic goes thru a 3rd party.  I am concerned about malware.  Do you think that they will release a patch to fix this?  I can't get into the router at work to add a guest network.  Anybody else have any fixes?

Thanks

0 Likes
thehiz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon just released an update/patch yesterday that you may want to download that will fix most Google Play download issues.  I downloaded it today but haven't had the chance to test it at home on my network just yet.  Software version: MMB29K.G920VVRU4CPD2.  The update does have other benefits as well like the new memory setting in the Application Manager that will let you see how much memory (RAM) is being used by apps and how much is free.   Anyway I'm crossing my fingers that this update fixes the Google Play issues and overheating.

Good Luck!

0 Likes