Marshmallow for S5? When will it be?
Chilit

T-Mo and other carriers have already received the update when will Verizon send it. Would they tell us any information?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Marshmallow for S5? When will it be?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
josephsmith939
Enthusiast - Level 3

No one knows anything, all they give you is canned responses. Blah blah blah

josephsmith939
Enthusiast - Level 3

All they say is We don't know, we don't know. But we will take your money

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chilit,

We all know that having the latest software update is nice. I know that I’m anxious for the update as well. (I have the same phone.) At this time, we do not have a release date. When the update is available, you will receive an alert notification on your phone for you to run it. You can also stay in the loop by checking this link http://vz.to/1VuPLD2. Our number one goal is to make sure your phone is working like a well oiled machine. Are you having any issues with your phone that I can help with?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wlm9700
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update will come Tuesday (5/31/16) some people are already receiving it.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As noted earlier, the roll-out begins today and the VzW support page has been updated accordingly, i.e.,

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/05/31/verizons-galaxy-s5-getting-marshmallow-today/#more-186973

Samsung Galaxy S 5 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

ME_Elocin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Before you update, make sure you disable any screen lock passwords.

I know what I use for both the pattern design as well as the backup pin and none worked.

I ended up factory resetting my device.

THEN you have to remember the initial email address you used to setup the phone or it will brick your phone for "security" reasons.

bearone21
Legend

any other problems with the update??

0 Likes