Marshmallow S6 Edge Plus 402 error
REDLINX7690
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got notified that Android 6.0 was available for my Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. It downloads just fine but when it does the install, it errors out with a 402 error message and fails to install. So then I tried with the Verizon Software Upgrade assistant and it says that my 5.1.1 is the latest available version. I even did a factory reset to no avail. Is anyone else having this 402 error message or upgrade issue? I have tried to get an answer from Verizon and they say it is available but there might me an issue. But no ETA or explanation of what is going on.  

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Marshmallow S6 Edge Plus 402 error
REDLINX7690
Enthusiast - Level 2

Talk about a good Friday. The update worked through smart switch. YAY!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sfjohn123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue with me. I was on with tech support yesterday for a while. They said it was some issue with the update, and if I wanted marshmallow now to take it to a Best Buy to have them flash it.

shawny15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've have the same issue. I tried everything too, but to no avail

REDLINX7690
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is ridiculous! Why would I want to go to Best Buy and "PAY" to have something updated that should be free with my phone???? Good job Verizon.

0 Likes
jaxom101
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same phone and problem. Got all excited to see the update. Guess I'll stop trying before I crash my phone until they fix it

REDLINX7690
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just like you. I was all excited about it. But who knows when a fix will be ready. (if ever)

0 Likes
rocker2728

The Best buy Samsung kiosk is free as well, but I took my phone there last night and they flashed my phone back to 5.1.1 and still having the same issue

0 Likes
REDLINX7690
Enthusiast - Level 2

That sucks. I wish Verizon would come out with a statement to let everyone know what is going on,

0 Likes
xxxegoxxx
Enthusiast - Level 3

I see the upgrade assistance program has the update available

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how exciting getting the latest software is for all of us. We will work to help get yours downloaded. I recommend that we clear the Cache Partition on your phone. I have provided instructions in the link:

Clear the Cache Partition: for Samsung Galaxy S6
http://vz.to/1WhHe50

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!