Marshmallow: How to turn off swipe before entering pin
apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S6 to Marshamllow. Now instead of just entering my pin to unlock the phone, i have to swipe the screen to unlock, then enter my pin. This seems like a small thing, but it's annoying to me. I'm trying to see if there is a way to go back to the way it use to be, only entering my pin to unlock the phone. I just thought I'd throw this out there in the meantime in case someone knows.

Re: Marshmallow: How to turn off swipe before entering pin
efrommel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't know if this helps, but some how had an unknown app appear on my phone requiring the swipe to unlock,  don't have the patience for it. Anyway it was a light blue round icon called "smart" something. Sorry don't remember the 2nd Word, I uninstalled and had ho further issues

0 Likes
efrommel
Enthusiast - Level 3

or just go under your security settings and make sure just the "Pin" code is checked.

0 Likes
apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

I uninstalled samsung smart switch, tried to uninstall peel smart remote which didn't really uninstall.

I couldn't see a way to uncheck any other screen lock types, so it seems like pin should be the only one I'm using. Still no luck unfortunately.

locktype.jpg

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Do you have Samsung Pay set up? If so then the only options you should have is pin or password iirc.

0 Likes
apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I don't use samsung pay. I just went through all of the menus and didn't see anything, but maybe I missed something. I'll look into this more later, but I appreciate the input so far, and appreciate any other ideas anyone has. I've attached a couple pictures to show what I mean. The phone basically says swipe to unlock, which I do. After that, the second screen pops up, asking me to enter my pin.

1.jpg 2.jpg

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Android default is swiping to the the pin screen too. Perhaps Samsung chose to use the same manner as the default Android function. I personally don't mind the swipe before accessing the pin screen. I absolutely hated on an older phone that would go straight to the pin screen when I pressed the power button so much that I added an alternate lockscreen application to force the phone to have the swipe feature before the pin screen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Tidbits
Legend

Ah ok. That is how it is supposed to work now. Notifications are shown on the screen. If it goes straight to pin you couldn't see the notifications.

0 Likes
apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

I could still see a few notifications with the way the old lock screen was, they would appear where the large white box is in the picture below. There is definitely more room for notifications in the new setup, but I never had any issues before.

old.lock.screen.jpg

I'm slowly getting use to the new two stage lock screen setup even though I think it's a little redundant, and I wish there was a way to turn it off.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can only see one notification on that screen. On the on the other screen you can see a lot more, and you can scroll.  You can also tap on a notification and then tap the in you pin and go into that specific application that gave you the notification.

0 Likes