Re: Marshmallow: How to turn off swipe before entering pin
Dunncrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, very annoying to have pointless swipe with new upgrade.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dunncrew wrote:

I agree, very annoying to have pointless swipe with new upgrade.

Then don't use a current Android device. All the stock Android OS devices use the same steps for the lock screen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did you try turning off show notifications on lock screen and see if it removes that step?

0 Likes
apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand that for some other android devices, this is how it has been for some time. For example, I got a cheap prepaid moto e to mess around with. The moto e is running Lollipop and it has the same lock screen setup that my Samsung Galaxy S6 now has, swipe to unlock, then enter your pin.

For the record though, this is a recent change to the Galaxy S6. When my Galaxy S6 was running Lollipop, it immediately brought you to the enter pin to unlock screen. So as with any operating system upgrade/change, there will be changes that annoy people. Saying don't use a current Android device isn't very helpful. The reason why I switched from an iPhone to an Android phone in December is because I didn't like being locked into doing things one way, I wanted options. So yeah, I can deal with the annoyingly redundant slide to unlock, then enter your pin to unlock. I just wish there was an option to disable sliding to unlock, if your phone also has a passcode lock.

Tidbits
Legend

It's because of the notifications. That is how Google designed the code. That's why I asked have you do not show notifications on lock screen and see if it takes you straight to pin as the space is no longer to display notifications.

0 Likes
apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried the following settings, which didn't get rid of the swipe to unlock screen unfortunately.

Lock screen and security - Notifications on lock screen - Do not show notification

Lock screen and security - Notifications on lock screen - Hide content

Lock screen and security - Notifications on lock screen - Show content

lockscreen.jpg

I went into notifications, but I'm not going to set like 50 apps to off, I don't think that will change anything. I went into the Advanced menu in Notifications, and didn't see anything relevant.

notifications.jpg

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Ok the only option is to live with it or turn off the lock screen. Download a 3rd party lock screen in its place.

0 Likes